Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
[...]
... but then again I'm getting old. 20 years ago I probably woulda done it without a second thought
I'm not that young either ... just that I'm perpetually having puberty issues, mixed in with multiple mid-life crises, which kinda complicate the situation, just a little bit. :ROFLMAO:

And if it's a brand new bike no way I would attempt it as there is no possible way to properly perform the break in procedure on the engine. You would also have to have the initial oil change done along the way.
Schedule a drop-in oil change along the way in some Honda dealer. Good way to take a break or nice nap in some hotel, while they change oil and do the 600 miles inspections/adjustments.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I don't know ... I'm just thinking out loud.
After all, I may not do it. It takes a lot of work (riding that distance).

But, looking at the number of 2018 SP's that out there with those prices, I'm tempted.

·
a d m i n
151,012 Posts
It wouldn't be an easy ride, on a dedicated sport bike, but I bet it'd be a fun ride!

I like the idea of rolling it into ground-level hotels. Also, I have a 3 day (Maxpedition brand), assault pack, (that has been around the world), that holds a compact, light weight Marmot tent.. All things are possible.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
[...]
Also, I have a 3 day (Maxpedition brand), assault pack, (that has been around the world), that holds a compact, light weight Marmot tent..
[...]
This option requires carrying a full size 10mm Glock + a smaller backup for any encounters with marauders on fours or on twos. ;)

·
a d m i n
151,012 Posts
This option requires carrying a full size 10mm Glock + a smaller backup for any encounters with marauders on fours or on twos. ;)
I would just fit my Tac 14 in the pack, this way you don't have to worry about lugging a pistol through States where it could be illegal to do so. 🧐

21 - 25 of 25 Posts