Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who is going to come out for the trackday at Summit Point on April 21st?

I will be and it sounds like Wadehead will be also.

Alan

·
Registered
236 Posts
Ya my slow ass will be their! Can't wait to have some more fun! It's only 175 bucks and being a Tuesday not a bunch of traffic. Perfect reason to call in sick!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Weather is looking good for Tuesday. Not really hot or too cold. A little chance of the wet stuff around 3pm. I hope it is a low turn out. Just more seat time for the people that come out.

·
Addicted
3,136 Posts
i was there last monday, some spots are starting to get bumpy again that they patched last year but i still had a blast. what approx times you boys run down there?

·
Registered
236 Posts
i was there last monday, some spots are starting to get bumpy again that they patched last year but i still had a blast. what approx times you boys run down there?

Well considering it was my first time at the track and it was wet, I was really slow. But tomorrow I will find out how I do on a dry track. The track is slicker than snot in the rain. I wish they would fix the track instead of patching it but dry conditions the patch work doesn't really effect you unlike the uneven spots in the pavement around Turns 5,6.

·
Addicted
3,136 Posts
turns 6 and 7 you should be able to stay on the new patch the whole way through both those turns. i found as long as you stayed away from the seams you are fine. obviously you have to transition onto them but i mean as long as you dont run along a seam. turn 3 looks bumpy as hell but if you keep it tight to the curbing its fairly smooth.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Damn I am slow. First time riding in the racer group and wow. I had maybe 1.5-2 feet between me and the outside of the track going in T10 and got blown by like standing still! But damn it was cool. I learned a lot more from some of the other racers out their and found a group of people willing to answer questions about set-up and different approaches to the turns. Learned that I blew about 4 of the turns and left them wide open to get stuffed. I gotta say thanks to the other racers out their. You guys gave me some room and let this slow and old fart do his thing. I don't think I held up anyone really since their was plenty of room for getting around people. I know I wasn't the slowest out their actually picked up the pace and passed a few people.

Another awesome day and very few on track problems! Good turn out and awesome track conditions once the sun came out. To bad it started hailing around 2pm. I pretty much called it a day and went home.

Thanks to anyone else that was their from this board.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts