Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Is the head off right now? Could you take some Playdough and put it in the valve cutouts on the piston (then light coat of oil so valve doesn't stick) to see which of the valves happens to be hitting? Like which valve has an abnormal piston-valve clearance? Cause unless you left something screwed into the spark plug holes it has to be a valve.

Maybe one of the shims is slightly off center under the bucket and that is causing one valve to stick out more? Sorry I'm all over the place it's a very odd situation you describe.
Yeah i know, could try that!

I think its really odd as well, cant wrap my head around it and seriousky tried like 6-7 times and all LOOKS good, but isnt...

I have a picture of how the setup was when i did work correctly, i am going to try that next weekend. If its wrong again ill do exactly like ur saying, great tip with the playdough, didnt think if that at all!

What about my theory with the IN valve being open that blocking the engine...?

·
Registered
476 Posts
What about my theory with the IN valve being open that blocking the engine...?
You could easily peek in the intake side to see if the valve is open or not. The valve-valve seat is clearly visible if you take out the paper towels blocking the intake.

Playdough is just an old fashioned way of measuring piston valve clearance and if something is hitting it should be very obvious because you will see the valve push all the way through.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
You could easily peek in the intake side to see if the valve is open or not. The valve-valve seat is clearly visible if you take out the paper towels blocking the intake.

Playdough is just an old fashioned way of measuring piston valve clearance and if something is hitting it should be very obvious because you will see the valve push all the way through.
Mate, wonderful! Great tips, many thanks. Its so easy to get caught up when working on this.
Good idea to actually look into the intake side.

Gonna try out ur tips this week and get back here to let you know!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

Hi! So alright, today i fixed the timing, i think i was a tooth off at the IN valves. All fine starts up like a dream 😍
Thanks for all your input guys!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts