Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
OPERATION "POLISH THE TURD"

I rode my bike this past weekend at Barber to break her in (3 miles and right on the track) in bone stock form. My initial impression... The look on my face says it all. Its a straight up TURD in “STOCK” form.
The lack of power is just not fair, even up top if feel slow.
The chassis is good the front end feels really good. The power is just straight sad for those keeping the bike stock.
If you buy this bike for the street and keep it stock kill yourself! It doesn’t have the low end to pass a Prius.
This bike is stock and neutered for the US. My butt dyno says 170hp to the rear wheels maybe 180 up top?
In all fairness I’m comparing it to my BMW race bikes. It has potential but the bmw in stock form is waaaay better than this bike.. IDK change my mind.

Hoping the kit stuff does the trick... I’m sure it will. It’s got a lot of potential. Now to install the kit stuff that just came in.

It sucks you have spend another 10K to make it right. HONDA lawyers you phuced us Americans!
I can tell you what "sucks" is really like. It sucks that I was born good looking instead of rich and can't afford to buy a $28,000 bike that I hated the first time I rode it ;)

·
Registered
98 Posts
I happened to run into a brand new RRR-SP this morning at the Sunday meet spot. She’s a beauty in person. She was number 82, older gentlemen owns her.

·
BOTM Moderator
476 Posts
I happened to run into a brand new RRR-SP this morning at the Sunday meet spot. She’s a beauty in person. She was number 82, older gentlemen owns her.
Made me think about having someone with some graphics talents create a 1000rr.net business card like :

We hand it out to people on occasions like this. maybe they want to come hang around some time.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I stopped by my dealer to chat this past weekend and the other bike had been picked up. I was hoping to meet him, still don't think he's on this board.

·
BOTM Moderator
476 Posts
Here's a more easily editable table to keep track of this.
I will keep it up to date when people post new data.

Tabled moved to this post:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Here's a more easily editable table to keep track of this.
I will keep it up to date when people post new data.
NumberCounteryStateOwnerReported ByNotes
#13USAArizonaCBR_Brad
#26USACalifornia
#28USATennesseeJA-SP
#35USAArizonaCBR_Brad
#50USAWisconsin
#53USASouth Dakota
#60USAAlabamaJA-SP
#63USAIllinois
#64USATexasWild West MotoplexRC45
#66USAIowa
#80USANorth Carolinaeagletangogreen
#81USAFlorida
#82USAFloridaPedroG0508
#111USAFlorida
#120USANew JerseyXtreme MachinesShinji43
#133USAMassachusettsGforce
#134USAMaryland
#149USAPennsylvania
#158USANew Jerseypeterj59
#159USATexasEastside Honda
Powersports
Bevo
#160USAPennsylvania
#161USANew JerseyREKLOO5E
#177USACaliforniaafred57
#192USATexas
#197USACaliforniafor sales as usedafred57
#199USACaliforniafor saleAfred57
#209USATexas
#225USACalifornia
#209USATexas
#225USACaliforniaoldmansan
So much more organized, and viewable, thank you Boss!

21 - 40 of 77 Posts