Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
301 - 319 of 319 Posts

·
Registered
2019 CBR1000RR
16 Posts
How is the quality on the Carbomoto stuff? Fitment, build, finish, etc. I've ordered a couple small pieces from them (still waiting) but I'm trying to decide if I want to order more from them or shop elsewhere. TIA

·
Registered
2018 CBR1000RR SP
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #304 ·
How is the quality on the Carbomoto stuff? Fitment, build, finish, etc. I've ordered a couple small pieces from them (still waiting) but I'm trying to decide if I want to order more from them or shop elsewhere. TIA
Quality is excellent. Eventually I will be replacing most of my carbon with carbomoto. My favorite is the subframe. Like OEM carbon you see on bikes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2018 CBR 1000 SP1
84 Posts
Wow! I just went through this thread because I just bought a 2018 SP1 this weekend used with just one owner and low miles. From seeing all your awesome mods, I'm just now realizing that the previous owner of my bike did a few of those things too, but nowhere to the extent of yours.

I'm soo excited to have this bike finally (I have a 2011 CBR 1000 and have wanted an SP1 for the longest time) and will try some of the mods you have done. Thanks for this thread!

·
Registered
2018 CBR1000RR SP
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #308 ·
Wow! I just went through this thread because I just bought a 2018 SP1 this weekend used with just one owner and low miles. From seeing all your awesome mods, I'm just now realizing that the previous owner of my bike did a few of those things too, but nowhere to the extent of yours.

I'm soo excited to have this bike finally (I have a 2011 CBR 1000 and have wanted an SP1 for the longest time) and will try some of the mods you have done. Thanks for this thread!
Thank you so much and Congrats on the new bike, you will enjoy it for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 CBR1000RR SP
329 Posts
Yep, going to be nice. :)
One thing about your caliper, there are two models of the caliper one to be mounted above the axle, and one below, yours has the bleed screw at the bottom meaning it was meant to mount above the axle so the bleed screw would be at the high point. You can still use it but to bleed it you should put something between the pads and hold it on the brake line with the bleed screw up otherwise it will be one bitch to bleed all the air out. Enjoy.

·
Registered
17 CBR1000RR SP
329 Posts
Scott at MotoDracing thought the Bonamici is about 35% lighter but wasn't sure. The Bonamici is 11 ounces, need to weigh the stock one to be sure.
The stock top triple clamp looks cast so the Bonamici, which is billet, will be stronger, but I don't feel any flex in the front end with my stock one. And at $475 it is just a bit hard to justify the cost. Still trying to talk myself into it. :)
I am going for the Carbon Fiber subframe and under cover for a 2.5 pound loss. I am getting down to small weight changes, I think the subframe is the last place for a couple pounds loss, unless I can find a CF license plate and turn signal holder.
Could lose 7 pounds with full titanium exhaust but this is Kalifornia so I need the Cat. :(

301 - 319 of 319 Posts