Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Rusa 2018 SP1 Build

82K views 406 replies 45 participants last post by  Rusa 
#1 ·
Couple weeks ago I purchased and took home a 2018 SP1 for a very good deal, that I could not pass on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#364 ·
Weighing the bits seems like it would tell you the weight loss but weighing the bike is more accurate. After swapping out many parts on my bike I didn't seem that I would have lost 23 pounds, but weighing the bike it is 410 pounds now and assumes it started at the factory 433 pounds curb weight.

#370 ·
did you get the exhaust studs and nuts from titan classics? There’s also some special bolts that hold the throttle body. There is also the 1 large linkage bolt that hold the front of the dog bone linkage. TSR makes a kit for the SC82, that shares that same bolt. But the price of the kit is almost $400 USD. 🤮
I emailed them to see if they would sell me just the one bolt. But I have not heard from them

#372 ·
Swingarm bolt looks good. I trimmed the bolt length but that was a PITA. The washers are an easier solution.

I haven't done the exhaust studs but have done the dog bone and linkage bolts but if there is a big bolt up there than I haven't seen it yet. I change some stuff as I find it but haven't seen any big items to change.

#375 ·
Ahh, so I found a cylinder hex head bolt for that, not a long cylinder but it works fine also.
As I have to take things apart I find nuts and bolts to replace, but not many let. :)
I had done the same, but later to find out that the dog bone wasn’t sitting perfectly straight and had worn down. Now I’m having to buy all new parts. That bolt needs to have a long collar to firmly position the dog bone

#376 · (Edited)
Hmm, I will have to inspect things when next I have the lower fairing off. One thing I noticed is there is nothing to position the dog bone in the center, it can float back and forth to the side plates on the bushings. I thought about making some Delrin washers with the ID that would fit over the bushing and OD the same as the dog bone, and thickness to space the dog bone in the center between the linkage plates. Maybe I could use some Delrin round stock and drill the center, then slice off washers with the chop saw. Something to look into in the evenings when I am not preparing the lot for the house building to come.

Just riding between rain storms lately.

#378 ·
I am going to have to look at that more closely. That bolt fits into cast ears of the frame which don't move at all, very ridged. I think wear on the dog bone to plate is the dog bone sliding laterally on the bushings with nothing to restrain it so it rubs on the side plates. I think a Delrin washer/spacer would fix that. I found some 1 1/4" Delrin round stock which I will order to play with. It would also eliminate some friction in the rear suspension so it should work smoother.
If it works I will send you a set of four washers.

#388 · (Edited)
All carbon tail from RPM carbon. I had ordered one piece from them to try and see how there stuff is. I received it in a good time. Build quality is definitely better than a lot of carbon places out there. The tabs are actually useful and strong. I was wanting Carbo Moto, but theirs is one solid piece and no access to the tail without removing the whole thing. I like to put my wallet and belongings in there when I ride.
I will be replacing most of my carbon with carbo moto this year.
Most likely changing the whole bike to mostly carbon I think.