Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

161 - 180 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
So far this is what ive gathered 06-07cbr1000rr rotors and RC51 sp1 and sp2 rotors are 320mm and have the same offset.

Will know %100 by the end of the week or sooner.
Awesome! So in order to do the swap on 06-07, you only have to do the minor alterations up front? And that also means the front shouldnt warp correct? Sorry for all the questions.. I'm just waiting to pull the trigger on some wheels once all the bugs are worked out..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Awesome! So in order to do the swap on 06-07, you only have to do the minor alterations up front? And that also means the front shouldnt warp correct? Sorry for all the questions.. I'm just waiting to pull the trigger on some wheels once all the bugs are worked out..:thumbsup:
I can understand that, I must say this wheel swap is not as easy on the 08-11.

As far as i know and from reading the first few pages of this thread, all you need to do

06-07 front-collar mod and the spacer increase, use all cbr1000 parts except front wheel (obviously).

I have not done the 06-07 myself since i own an 2011. like I said if you own an 06-07 cbr1000 this swap is alot easier.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I did it!!! Still got to ride/test etc... Here is how mine looks!

(Sorry, the pics of the bike are kinda blurry, it was late and took them with my phone)

These are the wheels after powder coat and machining

Here they are installed on the bike, Rotors are Galfer off a 06 cbr1000rr

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Looks really good, mate. Let us know how the bike behaves. The silver color looks nice. Was the wheel swap expensive? How much was to machine the excess off of the front wheel? Cheers!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
That is one good looking bike. Nice work. Looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Yuppp!
268 Posts
Thanks! Its still performing great! just put on a second set of tires, no problems whatsoever! really like the silver wheels myself it brings out the silver decals.

Can u do a write up in what you did to make it work? Really would like to know! Thanks!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Adrian, did you have to place any spacers behind the bearings (1mm per side, etc)? Also, did you have to add anything extra to either side of the wheel (2mm spacer, etc)? I got some SP1 wheels that I'm going to install on my 2007 and I noticed that the indentation is not there like it was on a SP2 front wheel that I did on my 2006. Where your SP1s like that?
Any others that have done the SP1s on 2006-2007s are welcomed to respond.
Thanks.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Let me know if you go through with it man! Its on the of my lists of things to do this winter! And I to, wanna do the sp1's!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this thread is for a different model year but I'm looking at a '12 CBR to '09 R1 wheel swap. Anyone on here with a '12 cbr1000rr willing to get some #'s for me?

width of the wheel from the rotor mounts (front)

Distance from center of wheel to center of sprocket (rear)

Distance from center of wheel to center of rotor (rear)

And Wheel bearing sizes (measure the width of front and rear axle)

attached is the pic of rims from the 2012 CBR1000rr that I would like to swap over to.

Thanks!

i attempted to start a new thread on this but was told i didnt have the privileges to do that just yet being a new member.

Attachments

·
CbrDragracer
22 Posts
Wauw mean looking mod!! i will stick like glue on ebay till i fine a set of those hahaha

·
Registered
133 Posts
I want to do this swap also, let me know what you find out, if they are interchangable.....

I know this thread is for a different model year but I'm looking at a '12 CBR to '09 R1 wheel swap. Anyone on here with a '12 cbr1000rr willing to get some #'s for me?

width of the wheel from the rotor mounts (front)

Distance from center of wheel to center of sprocket (rear)

Distance from center of wheel to center of rotor (rear)

And Wheel bearing sizes (measure the width of front and rear axle)

attached is the pic of rims from the 2012 CBR1000rr that I would like to swap over to.

Thanks!

i attempted to start a new thread on this but was told i didnt have the privileges to do that just yet being a new member.

161 - 180 of 189 Posts