Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week i spent 4 days shooting a dickies clothing advertising campaign. the time was split between a print advertisment for magazines and a 30 second commercial which will air on sporting events and extreme sporting events such as dew tour and x-games. It was a nation wide campaign looking for people, and after my casting call, a month later I found out that I had finished in the top 5 in the nation. The whole campaign was geared towards finding real people who wear dickies in everyday life, have interesting "jobs" and have overcome adversity. I was told that I fit that bill perfectly so we shot this at Byron Dragway for 4 days, 2 days I had the entire track to myself and they also shot some footage of me performing infront of the crowd, I haven't gotten those pictures yet. I feel that this was a great way to get our sport infront of more people whom are unaware of what stunt riding in america really is. If anybody ever tells you that shooting a commercial is "easy", they are definately lieing to you, we were at the track at 7 am for sunrise shots with minimal background sounds, i spent 3 hours walking 7 feet forwards, 7 feet backwards, just to get a good shot of me "looking" like billy bad ass haha. I really can't wait to see the finished products, i saw some of the previous people they shot and these people were true professionals.

·
Premium Noob
1,414 Posts
Awesome shots man, thanks for sharing.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
575 Posts
kick ass man! If I ever get 1/4 as good as you I'd be thrilled. keep up the hard work and pics:thumbsup:

·
Mr. Bish
32,613 Posts
That's awesome, Ryan.

I think it's great for the stunt community to have a spokesperson such as yourself. Congratulations and good luck in future endeavors.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
that's awesome man, congrats! Can't wait to see the commercials!

That's a sweet van you got too!
lol the van is titled " the black pearl"

it's famous in the stunt community now...i paid 300 dollars for that thing, it's an 87 with 210,000 miles on it and i can fit 2 bikes in it, i stuck about a 1200$ into it now and i put 3k miles in may alone on it, even got rid of the stock radio and put a 7" dvd player and two 6x9's to really WOW the ladies, next upgrade will be race seats :)

honestly though, an astro van is the best bike hauler made, they run forever and you can fit two bikes in there and never have to unload them when you get home!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.