Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went to a test and tune night on my 08 at the gainesville raceway and ended up running to fast. They said I needed a tether kill switch to run faster than 120mph and under 12 seconds. So i got the mps tether kill switch from mps racing and it says you have to splice the wires into the original kill switch but im not sure which collored wires go to the kill switch and what goes to the starter. Just wondering if any of yall have done this mods to your bikes? Thanks
Max

·
Registered
684 Posts
If you wire it into the stock kill switch, it works by shutting off the Engine Stop relay. I don't know if the rules require a hard connection, or if shutting off a relay is OK. But if using the factory relay is good(and odds are slim the tech guys would even notice/realize the difference), then spice into either the White/black wire, or the black wire. You will need to wire it in series with the stock switch, so that you cut one of those wires, and add the tether in line. You want a tether that opens the circuit when it is pulled.

·
Chief Chocolate Officer
1,148 Posts
I installed the MPS on my '05...the biggest problem was no space on the handlebars to install it...had to actually cut it down to clear the brake mount...after making just barely enough bar space for it.

I was very disappointed in the quality of the tether on the kill switch end... I hope they've improved that since 4 years ago...but it is a nice looking billet product.

Brads955 is right on with install...just wire it in series to one side of the current run/kill switch... but make sure you have a rock solid solder connection and get some shrink tube over it...patience is critical on this install.

Good Luck..RR

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.