Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Saddlemen Gel-Channel Tech seat for my 2015 CBR. But, it doesn't fit. I did a lot of very careful measuring and first found that the tabs on the seat pan that slide into the bike's plastic at the rear were very poorly mounted. I took a chance and very carefully ground them to match the OEM seat tabs but that wasn't enough. I then did yet more measuring and found that the Saddlemen seat pan appears to be way too low to clear the battery. There is no way this seat is going to fit this bike. I emailed Saddlemen over 2 weeks ago I got nothing but crickets in return. Of course, with the virus, many businesses are not properly staffed so I am trying to be patient but would really like to determine if they just sent me the wrong seat.

The seat that I have has "11694" molded into the pan in fairly large numerals but I can't find that reference number anywhere as it relates to Saddlemen seats.

If anyone has a Saddlemen seat that they would be willing to pull off and inspect the bottom of the pan and perhaps post a photo, that would hopefully go a long way towards solving this mystery.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Here is the bottom of my Saddlemen Track Solo seat. It also has 11694 on it. Fits my 2016 just fine.
IMG_20200330_180119303.jpg

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for posting that pic. I can see a number of differences. It is possible that some things may appear to be different due to lighting, angle, and glare. There may also be some differences due to model and possibly some evolution in their manufacturing, But on the face of it,...

First off, I see that you have molded in plastic tabs at the rear.
Second, it looks like your round rubber bumpers on the sides sit much higher relative to the center of the pan.
Third, the three vertical "ribs" near the bottom of the pic appears to have a cross bar where mine does not.

I'll pass that along to Saddlemen to see what their comments might be.

Thank you

·
Registered
163 Posts
FWIW: I had to take the rubber bumpers off of my stock seat and attach them to the Saddlemen seat per their instructions.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was digging around for some pics of the battery compartment for earlier and later bikes. It looks like the 2016 battery is mounted further forward and longitudinally. The 2015 is at the rear of the compartment and mounted transversely. And the battery is slightly higher than the fuse box. You can see from the pic that the top of the battery as about the same level as where those seat tabs slide in and so the pan has to sit a little bit above that. The Saddlemen seat pan stands too far down at that point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts