Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
08 1000rr rider
173 Posts
youll get it for sure! heat up that tire and lay in to it! u should get 1.50 60fts and im guessin a 9.55... monday my parts should be in. i ordered an ultra soft shinko, +4 rear sprocket, 7"-9" lrc extensions, braided brake line and 150 link chain. and a roaring toyz kickstand. im lookin for under 9.50 myself, we'll know next weekend. good luck tonight!

·
08 1000rr rider
173 Posts
there isnt any twisties where i live. straight roads and drag strips. im looking for an 04 for the track, i felt more comfortable in a corner on my 04 than my 08

·
Mr. Bish
32,613 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good luck with that. How does it handle in the twisties?
Not as good as my RC51 that I had setup for trackdays. See unlike you and your closeminded self I try different things and understand people like different things. Drag racing is closer to me more often and cheaper.

Back to sat. night. It was not as good as I hoped for. First it was hot track temp 124 degrees for the most part. This biggest problem was I underestimated how big of a learing curve going from a short arm bike to a stretch bike was. While trying to figure out what launch rpm and type to use my 60ft and et was all over the place. Towards the end of the night I had got it work down thanks to James help to low 1.7 and low 9.7 et more const.
Then battery died right before my last run.
That will be the last weekend I foot shift as 60 ft drops second gear comes up fast. I also think I need a little more gear -1 +2 not quite enough may go +3 or +4.

·
08 1000rr rider
173 Posts
so is it more of a mind game with the stretch? im so used to throttling threw first that i think im not gonna be able to slip and run with it. you can definitely leave harder tho. ive hit 1.57 60 ft with my short arm 04 before, but it was lowered 5 in the rear and 3 in front then strapped. low enough it would drag the fairings on launch lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
kewl....just wondering because with -1 +3 combo. i got a few 9.68-9.69 runs on my 04 1krr stretched 6" and foot shifting......and i've got 5-7 pounds more than you do....you'll get it on down with your new combo i think...just don't dump it...still not enough gear for that....still have to slip it some...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.