Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At some point this spring/summer I will be getting back to doing work on the SC77 ECUs. Use this thread to make your voice heard about what is still bothering you about your ECU or things you wish could be modified, etc. Basically, this is a feature request thread.

Done but unreleased:
  • Full HRC upgrade / flash (no cut)
  • 2017 -> 2019 ECU upgrade / flash (no cut)
Almost ready for release:
  • Fully functional racekit dash menus
Work in progress:
  • More TC/WC tuning options
  • 2017 -> 2019 Dash upgrade / flash

·
Registered
154 Posts
Sounds fine to me where your heading with more TC/WC options but also just to be able to take it to our local dyno guy for fine tuning without undoing all your good work. Thanks.

Reactions: jdgun

·
Registered
163 Posts
Well if you could make the WC and TC on different channels, and perform on par with aprilia or ducati that would be nice. And as mentioned above, the ability to have a local tuner dial in Air/fuel ratio's.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well if you could make the WC and TC on different channels, and perform on par with aprilia or ducati that would be nice. And as mentioned above, the ability to have a local tuner dial in Air/fuel ratio's.
The 17 to 19 ECU conversion will do that, but you can't really take advantage of that without a 19 dash. I am pretty sure I can reflash the dash units but I haven't had time to get deep into that yet. If you are willing to buy a 19 dash I 100% can upgrade your older ECU.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I recall a couple years ago you mentioned working on an auto-tune via the K-line with a wideband sensor? Is this still in development? I do not like the Power Commander auto tune because it's 2 units that has to plug into 2 injectors plus a 6 pin connector on the main harness and it's getting cluttered under my seat and rear cowl.

For instance, some type of log box that plugs into the K-line to read the TPS, RPM, and return a table showing the AFR/% correction needed at each value to hit a certain AFR.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I recall a couple years ago you mentioned working on an auto-tune via the K-line with a wideband sensor? Is this still in development? I do not like the Power Commander auto tune because it's 2 units that has to plug into 2 injectors plus a 6 pin connector on the main harness and it's getting cluttered under my seat and rear cowl.

For instance, some type of log box that plugs into the K-line to read the TPS, RPM, and return a table showing the AFR/% correction needed at each value to hit a certain AFR.
Yeah its like 95% done but 2020/covid sorta derailed progress/motivation on it. Then recently I found out that while it works fine on all the Keihin based Honda ECUs but for some reason I can't talk to the Denso based ecus used in the Flex fuel bikes down in Brazil. Trying to figure this out before I finalize it since they are a huge unserved market. The fact that this is still not finished actually starting to piss me off but its my own fault.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The 17 to 19 ECU conversion will do that, but you can't really take advantage of that without a 19 dash. I am pretty sure I can reflash the dash units but I haven't had time to get deep into that yet. If you are willing to buy a 19 dash I 100% can upgrade your older ECU.
Will be interesting to hear more about this, us SC77 people I'm sure would jump at upgrading our bikes without a new dash. Any ground breaking ?

Reactions: J D

·
Registered
2018 Honda CBR1000RR -- KCS Tune, Unrestricted, Akrapovic Ti header and Akrapovic Ti GP Slip-on.
95 Posts
Yeah its like 95% done but 2020/covid sorta derailed progress/motivation on it. Then recently I found out that while it works fine on all the Keihin based Honda ECUs but for some reason I can't talk to the Denso based ecus used in the Flex fuel bikes down in Brazil. Trying to figure this out before I finalize it since they are a huge unserved market. The fact that this is still not finished actually starting to piss me off but its my own fault.
I'd love to see E85 capability.

I suppose you'd need the Denso ECU and a flex fuel sensor at the very least.

Question is, can USA bikes handle the alcohol, or would we need to swap the entire fuel system to handle it?

I know in my ProCharged Camaro SS, I just had to add a flex fuel sensor and upgrade the pump and injectors to supply the extra fuel.

·
Registered
CBR 1000 RR 2017 ABS SC77
15 Posts
Hi @PuffTheMagic,

I am really interested by your work, like the sprocket configuration for my track day.

I was wondering if you had any update on this subject, may be an estimated eta for your ECU Workbench tuning suite and sc77 support ?
Just to be sure, when buying your solution, it will be possible to switch between a "hrc" ecu for track and go back to a "road legal" ecu for daily usage ?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1 Posts
At some point this spring/summer I will be getting back to doing work on the SC77 ECUs. Use this thread to make your voice heard about what is still bothering you about your ECU or things you wish could be modified, etc. Basically, this is a feature request thread.

Done but unreleased:
  • Full HRC upgrade / flash (no cut)
  • 2017 -> 2019 ECU upgrade / flash (no cut)
Almost ready for release:
  • Fully functional racekit dash menus
Work in progress:
  • More TC/WC tuning options
  • 2017 -> 2019 Dash upgrade / flash

hi

when we can get the new tc/wc in the 2018 model ? any update

·
Faster Than You!
37 Posts
I'd love to see the ability to set WC to 0 and not have to reset it every time the bike is turned off and back on.

·
a d m i n
2018 Honda CBR SP
151,010 Posts
Give him some time to reply, as he’s prolly at VIR doing the Road America bit for the Honda race bikes. :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts