Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In the process of building my sc77 i found out that i think i would like the sbk look front fender more on this bike.
Does anyone know of a fender that will work with the oem showa frontend or made to work relatively easy.

Pattern Fashion design Fashion accessory Carmine Personal protective equipment

I found this one from Carbonin. Looks quite nice, but made to fit the sbk frontend wich i do not plan on spennding money on o_O

·
A1 SuperMod!
1,092 Posts
It's called a SBK style fender because it works with Ohlins FGR's swivel fender mount. It's designed with only two bolt holes in the front so the fork bottoms can swivel thus allowing wheel removal without having to take the calipers off.

Showa's have a third mount point and if you just want the look get a carbon fiber stock fender.

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR ABS
120 Posts
It's called a SBK style fender because it works with Ohlins FGR's swivel fender mount. It's designed with only two bolt holes in the front so the fork bottoms can swivel thus allowing wheel removal without having to take the calipers off.

Showa's have a third mount point and if you just want the look get a carbon fiber stock fender.
Well said.
agree!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dont AGREE. But i dont know why i expected anything else. No matter, i am not going for ohlins forks, but i am well capable og working both gf and cf and will find a way to fit this. Opinions other than "it doesnt fit" would have been welcome.

Case closed.

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR ABS
120 Posts
Dont AGREE. But i dont know why i expected anything else. No matter, i am not going for ohlins forks, but i am well capable og working both gf and cf and will find a way to fit this. Opinions other than "it doesnt fit" would have been welcome.

Case closed.
I believe you asked if it would fit.
Sorry you didn’t like the answers…

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR ABS
120 Posts

Case closed.
My mistake. You asked “if anyone knew of a fender that will work with the oem showa frontend or made to work relatively easy”

I’m afraid I don’t. But if you can get some more traffic in your thread, somebody likely does.
I will hunt endlessly when I’m looking for something and call any and all potential businesses that might know the fitments.
Including cross referencing things with my local HPS dealership. It can take some time to find the info you need on any forum. I wouldn’t become dismissive after just a few short posts.
IJS…
Good luck !

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My mistake. You asked “if anyone knew of a fender that will work with the oem showa frontend or made to work relatively easy”

I’m afraid I don’t. But if you can get some more traffic in your thread, somebody likely does.
I will hunt endlessly when I’m looking for something and call any and all potential businesses that might know the fitments.
Including cross referencing things with my local HPS dealership. It can take some time to find the info you need on any forum. I wouldn’t become dismissive after just a few short posts.
IJS…
Good luck !
I was going to do this one way or another. I know i have seen a 600rr with some work done, so why not ask if anyone have done the same thing. Maybe i should have just asked if anyone have fitted another fender simple as that🤷‍♂️
Pictures ofc is the greatest inspiration. Just have not found to many.
Will update when done. For that one other guy who is not happy with his front fender 😂

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR ABS
120 Posts
I was going to do this one way or another. I know i have seen a 600rr with some work done, so why not ask if anyone have done the same thing. Maybe i should have just asked if anyone have fitted another fender simple as that🤷‍♂️
Pictures ofc is the greatest inspiration. Just have not found to many.
Will update when done. For that one other guy who is not happy with his front fender 😂
Yes that’s me all day!
I see something trick and I go after it.
Your determination will define the result.
I really wish I had some better info to offer, because I’m always happy to share it. I do have some websites with some killer carbon for CBR‘s. If you want the links, just let me know.
✌🏽

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR ABS
120 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts