·
Registered
107 Posts
Honestly mate, as stated, enough is enough, give it a break now

·
Premium Member
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Its been a busy week. Earlier suspicions confirmed over the last couple days - all the SC77 ECUs can interface with the Ohlins SCU. So it will be possible to install the Ohlins ECS on an ABS or Base SC77s.

Base, ABS and SP ECU tire/sprocket (and custom transmission ratios) and ABS delete in software details have been sorted. Testing is now underway. As always, SP2 ECU is proving a little more challenging.

·
Premium Member
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Being that I am not a cunt, jerk or bully; the delay is trying to make sure that folks can overwrite this new flash solution and go back to their previous flash solution of choice - of course that will erase the cool tire/sprocket and transmission calibrations.

There is a bit of a complex behind the scenes process, but this should be able to support virgin unflashed ECUs as well as previously flashed ECUs.

If it works as intended this will be a way to unbrick that FT SC77 doorstop you have under the work bench ;)

·
Premium Member
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
No sir. No well known companies are involved in this solution.

Well, Honda is, they made a pretty decent bike overall - even with all the faults it has :)

The effort is a result of the co-operation between dedicated individuals on both sides of the Atlantic.
I do anticipate that a number of parties will be trying to get hold of one of these ECUs to extract, decompile and reverse engineer the solution.
Such is the nature of this game sadly.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
Being that I am not a cunt, jerk or bully; the delay is trying to make sure that folks can overwrite this new flash solution and go back to their previous flash solution of choice - of course that will erase the cool tire/sprocket and transmission calibrations.

There is a bit of a complex behind the scenes process, but this should be able to support virgin unflashed ECUs as well as previously flashed ECUs.

If it works as intended this will be a way to unbrick that FT SC77 doorstop you have under the work bench ;)
Will this apply to say, a previously flashed (FT) SC77?

·
Registered
26 Posts
So what is going to happen with us that already had woolich flashed ECU. As I have been told that by the time you flash your ecu with woolich you can't reflash it with an other company. Is it possible?

·
Registered
168 Posts
So what is going to happen with us that already had woolich flashed ECU. As I have been told that by the time you flash your ecu with woolich you can't reflash it with an other company. Is it possible?
I am gonna guess RC45 uses Woolich to begin with, so it should be no issue. I am sure he will confirm, or not.

·
Premium Member
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
I am gonna guess RC45 uses Woolich to begin with, so it should be no issue. I am sure he will confirm, or not.
Yes I have used Woolich to flash my ECUs before, but this solution has been developed with careful respect for Woolich work, IP and without exploiting their tools - but this is the real world so I am not expecting to be shown the same respect once our fixed ECUs get out into the wild.
Maybe they all need to be locked? LOL

First the technical stuff:
Woolich do not leave the ECU in a 'locked' state. So it is possible to use other tools to overwrite a Woolich flashed Honda ECU. It is unclear if they did this as a courtesy to the ECU owner or because it was simpler than developing a mechanism that for example might alter the boot loader/bin relationship. This could be why FTECU flashed ECUs are not easily over writable by other vendors flashing tools.

Did you flash your ECU with your own Woolich kit or have someone else do it for you?
I only ask this question to understand if you (or others) will need/want to keep using your Woolich setup to keep flashing your ECU.
The solution I discuss earlier would mean the existing Woolich flash is overwritten with a new image that includes the correct tire/sprocket/transmission ratio.
You can see how if you then take Woolich tools and rewrite the ECU with a new Woolich tune the tire/sprocket/transmission corrected image will be over written.

This solution is for the rider that values the correct tire/sprocket/transmission ratio values more than the last few extra HP. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had my ecu flashed by a partner. I don't really care about power. It's a track bike. That's why I'm interested on your solution! I will wait for more details!

·
Registered
990 Posts
Yes I have used Woolich to flash my ECUs before, but this solution has been developed with careful respect for Woolich work, IP and without exploiting their tools - but this is the real world so I am not expecting to be shown the same respect once our fixed ECUs get out into the wild.
Maybe they all need to be locked? LOL

First the technical stuff:
Woolich do not leave the ECU in a 'locked' state. So it is possible to use other tools to overwrite a Woolich flashed Honda ECU. It is unclear if they did this as a courtesy to the ECU owner or because it was simpler than developing a mechanism that for example might alter the boot loader/bin relationship. This could be why FTECU flashed ECUs are not easily over writable by other vendors flashing tools.

Did you flash your ECU with your own Woolich kit or have someone else do it for you?
I only ask this question to understand if you (or others) will need/want to keep using your Woolich setup to keep flashing your ECU.
The solution I discuss earlier would mean the existing Woolich flash is overwritten with a new image that includes the correct tire/sprocket/transmission ratio.
You can see how if you then take Woolich tools and rewrite the ECU with a new Woolich tune the tire/sprocket/transmission corrected image will be over written.

This solution is for the rider that values the correct tire/sprocket/transmission ratio values more than the last few extra HP. :)
What if you were to flash your fix into the ECU and then use the woolich software to read the ECU with your fixed flash in place and save as a bin file in woolich. Would the fix then be saved in that bin file or would you lose it? Hope that makes sense

21 - 40 of 72 Posts