Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
No suggestion at all about it being about 'HP only'.

Merely offering my view that the bike doesn't justify the inflated price tag (of which a percentage goes to Dorna as a licencing fee). Sure, it's a 'nice' bike, but all I'm saying is that there's so much more on offer with the $20K-plus bikes.

Of further interest is that the new Daytona is not meeting market expectations in USA/Canada. Some of the 765 bikes allocated have already found their way to Australia (which was to have received only the UK/Euro/rest of world bikes). Your version is nicer looking though with the red accents as opposed to the UK's plainer look. Each to their own though.(y)
Don't you still have one of those Triumph specials?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Don't you still have one of those Triumph specials?
Yes, I do, Paul.

I am not being overly negative or critical of the bike, but having one did/does enable me to offer my view that money can be better spent. Whilst I have taken the thread off track a bit, I just felt it important to mention that if spending that sort of money, I firmly believe there are better options, the best (in my view) probably being Ducati's Panigale 955.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yes, I do, Paul.
View attachment 258701

I am not being overly negative or critical of the bike, but having one did/does enable me to offer my view that money can be better spent. Whilst I have taken the thread off track a bit, I just felt it important to mention that if spending that sort of money, I firmly believe there are better options, the best (in my view) probably being Ducati's Panigale 955.
Congrats on the bike!

Yes, thus me saying I wish they ever release a “standard” at around $15K. Because objectively speaking, any 600 being at 12/12.5K... a standard “non moto2 Daytona” with full ohlins and top of the line Brembo at even $16K is a bargain. That’s the price difference alone to get to that on an R6 aftermarket. Plus about 13HP more at the wheel, 25lbs less, and, maybe it is just a few thinking like me, a triple.

And your reason was exactly why I got the CBR at $9.9. Made no sense to pay more for a 600/750/older or new Daytona. Obviously if any litter bike can be had for less than Daytona price, it’s no brainer.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I firmly believe there are better options, the best (in my view) probably being Ducati's Panigale 955.
Your Triumph looks amazing!
Btw, curious if you have ridden the MV Agusta F3 800 ?
Personally, neither the Triumph nor the Ducati handled like that MV.
Absolute dream chassis and the reverse rotating crank makes it handle so good.
I love Triples too.

·
Premium Member
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
If the stock ECU with calibrated sprockets/tire size is not your style, how about upgrading your stock ECU to HRC spec?

You think you are seriously committed to tracking your SC77? Prove it :ROFLMAO: :D :oops: :cool: with an HRC ECU image upgrade!

61 - 72 of 72 Posts