Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

Registered
Wow, that dip is terrible. What was Honda's goal with that? I don't believe they would leave power on the table so am assuming it's emissions or noise regulation related?

I'm glad we will be able to flash without sending in our ECUs. I will only have a week to spend with my bike and was hoping I'd be able to take it home, flash, and enjoy riding the rest of the week. So you will make a base tune available for now that corrects the dip and gives the US bike the EU power, and later we will be able to further tweak it using the software?

Once the software is updated, we will be able to alter sprocket/tire changes as well to prevent any impact to the various electronics?

Registered
Discussion Starter #23
Wow, that dip is terrible. What was Honda's goal with that? I don't believe they would leave power on the table so am assuming it's emissions or noise regulation related?

I'm glad we will be able to flash without sending in our ECUs. I will only have a week to spend with my bike and was hoping I'd be able to take it home, flash, and enjoy riding the rest of the week. So you will make a base tune available for now that corrects the dip and gives the US bike the EU power, and later we will be able to further tweak it using the software?

Once the software is updated, we will be able to alter sprocket/tire changes as well to prevent any impact to the various electronics?
Yes. I will have the stock images as well as some cleaned up stage1 tune that should work great on stock and lightly modified bikes. Since these bikes have 2 O2 sensors which I think are proper wideband sensors, there is likely a real lambda/target AFR map which can be adjusted to self learn a tune adapts well to mods and optimizes for power instead of fuel efficiency. Pretty sure I have located this map but we haven't tested it yet because our main test bike has the SC Project exhaust installed with no O2 sensors.

Speaking of the SC Project exhaust... I am working to become a vendor these exhausts for those of you that have not yet purchased an aftermarket exhaust. Obviously I will have an exclusive tune for this if the exhaust is purchased though me.

Hook 'em!
2017 CBR1000S1
Speaking of the SC Project exhaust...
It would be really sweet if SC Project posted an exploded parts diagram and installation instructions of their exhausts on their website like Akrapovi膷 does. I ordered this slip-on for my Neo Sports Caf茅 from the US distributor, which happens to be in Austin, TX, on 11/25 and didn't receive it until 2/10.

Registered
Discussion Starter #25
I ordered this slip-on for my Neo Sports Caf茅 from the US distributor, which happens to be in Austin, TX, on 11/25 and didn't receive it until 2/10.
Everything parts wise in the bike industry has been jacked up since December 2019. Shipping delays everywhere, not to mention most of the US vendors are drop shipping orders, no one is stocking these parts themselves, the margins are so tiny on this stuff it's almost not even worth the hassle. I'd be happy that the thing arrive at all. I placed an order of quick shift sensors from my supplier in the Czech Republic last January, the package literally sat at the airport for months until there was enough package to make it worth a plain coming to get them. I didn't get the package until May sometime.

Hook 'em!
2017 CBR1000S1
I'd be happy that the thing arrive at all
The distributor was up front and told me it would be shipped from Italy, but they estimated 5 weeks for delivery. 馃槣

Registered
Discussion Starter #27
Here are some more stock dyno comparisons on the SC82. There is also 1 run from the "stage 1" EU tune but note its a 4th gear pull not 5th like most of the others...

Registered
Much, much smoother than the stock tunes.

I saw somewhere on this forum that the US sprockets ratios are different from the EU ones. Is that the reason for the higher power displayed at lower speeds? Thai bike has even shorter sprockets?

Looking forward to it...

Registered
Discussion Starter #29
Much, much smoother than the stock tunes.

I saw somewhere on this forum that the US sprockets ratios are different from the EU ones. Is that the reason for the higher power displayed at lower speeds? Thai bike has even shorter sprockets?

Looking forward to it...
There are 2 Thai runs there, one 4th and one 5th. There really isnt a power difference you are just seeing the speeds offset because of the gearing. You can shift those plots along the x-axis and line them up the are about the same.

Registered
I don't mean more power as far as the bike produces more power, more of asking if the change in gearing is why they are shifted and if the Thai bike has even shorter gearing because of how it appeared to be shifted even further left...but now I see it's because the far left Thai run was 4th gear as you mentioned, and that it actually probably has same sprockets as US bike since the 5th gear run lines up.

tldr; Gotcha, Thai bike probably has similar sprocket setup as US and is even more nerfed. Buddy that lives in Thailand has a CBR500R and said the big bikes are taxed hard. Seems to be common in parts of Asia.

Hook 'em!
2017 CBR1000S1
I saw somewhere on this forum that the US sprockets ratios are different from the EU ones.
US SP
Reduction ratio (primary / final) 1.630 / 2.687
Drive sprocket 16T
Driven sprocket 43T

That's straight from the online owner's manual. I can't find the specs for the EU bikes.

Registered
US SP
Reduction ratio (primary / final) 1.630 / 2.687
Drive sprocket 16T
Driven sprocket 43T

That's straight from the online owner's manual. I can't find the specs for the EU bikes.
16/40 for the un-American bikes.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts