Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Will overnight ship it there and back when I get home if there are a couple rainy days. Excited about this development.

·
Registered
24 Posts
SC82 mail-in ECU flashing is now available:
I read your FB page and am wondering... If I get my ECU flashed, can I leave the rest of my USA/CA RRR stock? Will I have what is virtually a Euro-model? Or will all the American exhaust restrictions cause havoc with my bike/electronics? I am very interested if I can get the additional HP without doing other mods to my RRR.

Also, is there a video somewhere showing how to safely remove and reinstall my ECU?

Thank You...Fred

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I read your FB page and am wondering... If I get my ECU flashed, can I leave the rest of my USA/CA RRR stock? Will I have what is virtually a Euro-model? Or will all the American exhaust restrictions cause havoc with my bike/electronics? I am very interested if I can get the additional HP without doing other mods to my RRR.

Also, is there a video somewhere showing how to safely remove and reinstall my ECU?

Thank You...Fred
Yes, you can leave the bike stock. The EU and US bikes are basically the same with the exception of the immobilizer (which gets disabled). The EU-spec ECU is an SP model so if you have a base model I believe I will need to disable the QS feature. I should have some dyno charts available tomorrow to show the difference between the ECUs.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am going to push out my remote flashing software before I get the studio out and skip the whole mail-in flash process. If you guys outside the US can hang tight for like a week or so I will have a solution for you. You wont be able to self tune, but you will be able to select from some premade flash options. Anyone than gets on board with the remote flash option will get access to the real tuning suite once ready.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Wow, that dip is terrible. What was Honda's goal with that? I don't believe they would leave power on the table so am assuming it's emissions or noise regulation related?

I'm glad we will be able to flash without sending in our ECUs. I will only have a week to spend with my bike and was hoping I'd be able to take it home, flash, and enjoy riding the rest of the week. So you will make a base tune available for now that corrects the dip and gives the US bike the EU power, and later we will be able to further tweak it using the software?

Once the software is updated, we will be able to alter sprocket/tire changes as well to prevent any impact to the various electronics?

1 - 20 of 127 Posts