Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
they say once you get started (running) that it is hard to turn it off, psychologically, and that is why people seem to go nutso and never stop even when it becomes obviously futile

going home really was an amusing ending :cheers:

·
Registered
231 Posts
umm i would have tried to find an underground parking garage like in shopping malls ... then get someone to take me home and report my bike stolen or soemthing... you cant run from the helicopters..

·
Registered
14 Posts
That sucks, just think about all the fines and crap for the tickets, oh and not including your lawyer, you will need one after that... I ALWAYS look for aerial *sp* cops, i got kinda pulled over by one once...they just called to the ground cops, but he landed in front of me which was crazy. Right on the side of the highway where i got pulled over... I was doing 110 in a 60 in my 3000GT, had the car for a week, thought i would see what it would do... They drug me out of my car, like i was going straight to jail, instead just wrote me a ticket...i was thankful that day...then realized how stupid i was... :?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Kids an idiot. Should've just paid his speeding ticket. Now he's going to have a lot more to deal with.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
That never ceases to amaze me. If you live somewhere that has helicopters on the police force, or even the news stations, why would you run? It's been all over t.v. for years. Unless you do like mrdangle said and find a hidden place you are familiar with. I'm glad all we've got to deal with here are Crown Vic's.

redcbr, holy crap! :shock: You had a helo pull you over!? That beats a whole lotta stories I've heard. All that trouble and they write you a ticket? That's your tax dollars at work (Though I'm sure you weren't complaining). :thumbup:

·
Registered
212 Posts
In my one experience with a helicopter, it was a complete waste of tax payers dollars.

It was back 17 years ago and they got me for 81 in a 55. While being pulled over the helicopter hovered over me the entire time. This took about 10 mintues. The part I have not mentioned was that there were 5 police cars. I was not running nor did they ever imply I tried to run. As soon as I saw them I pulled over.

They wasted more money in fuel than the fine would of been. Plus at least 6 officers time. Granted they get paid anyway.

Strike one up for logic.

·
Registered
14 Posts
IronNutz said:
redcbr, holy crap! :shock: You had a helo pull you over!? That beats a whole lotta stories I've heard. All that trouble and they write you a ticket? That's your tax dollars at work (Though I'm sure you weren't complaining). :thumbup:
Yah, It was crazy to me, kinda scary, i was thinking i was going to be on a show, Def. was not complaining with just a ticket, but i made the paper for ozark, MO....lol... but yah,same with me I wasn't tryign to run. just as soon as i saw the helicopter come across the highway and stop towards my side, i decided to look in the rearview, and saw flashing lights so, i pull over.... then the cop gets behind me with another and the heli lands on the side in front of me...cars were stopping, kinda funny, but not at the time...Adrnocrome, you said you live in missouri, If you know ozark, the judge is Judge Waters, He's a real nice guy has a Hummer (H1 of course) and a viper, and a few other cool cars...i always ask him how that viper runs and he says slow, very slow and give me a little :wink: ...

·
Registered
33 Posts
adrnocrome said:
In my one experience with a helicopter, it was a complete waste of tax payers dollars.

It was back 17 years ago and they got me for 81 in a 55. While being pulled over the helicopter hovered over me the entire time. This took about 10 mintues. The part I have not mentioned was that there were 5 police cars. I was not running nor did they ever imply I tried to run. As soon as I saw them I pulled over.

They wasted more money in fuel than the fine would of been. Plus at least 6 officers time. Granted they get paid anyway.

Strike one up for logic.
not as exciting for me, but i had 2 leos' pull me over in downtown minneapolis, with bull-horn ordered me out of the vehicle (at which point i am looking around for the news camera's since i must be mistakened for some baddy)

"walk to the rear of the vehicle!"

m-kay i am thinking (nope, no guns out yet?)

"look at the vehicle!"

m-kay, it's my nissan pickup (no surprises there, i had had it for a couple years and was pretty familiar with it)

from there it was something like, "no, really look" (ok i made that up cause i don't really remember) but it was just all about an expired registration

bastards, i should have jumped in my truck and made a run for it :?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.