Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...I am a bigger rider (275lbs) and i was wondering about suspensions set ups for my 1KRR as I am prolly about 100lbs over the factory weight settings.I have seen other threads about suspensions but none that are weight specific. I want to set my sag up so I dont compress the springs too much ( ie..stiffen the springs). Anyone know where i might be able to get a spec sheet for wieght settings/Spring settings...ideas...?? THANKS!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I weigh in @ 235lb at 5'9". I started out with 30mm of sag in the front and about 20mm in the rear. The rear preaload is at #7 (compression is 8 clicks out from full hard, and rebound is 2 turns from full hard). The front preload is at 2 turns from full hard (compression is at 2.5 turns from full hard and rebound is at 2 turns from full hard). Hope this helps a little. BTW these are track settings. Compression and rebound dampening should be a couple of clicks or turns softer for the street. Good luck. 8)

·
Registered
743 Posts
B-kndrggr said:
I weigh in @ 235lb at 5'9". I started out with 30mm of sag in the front and about 20mm in the rear. The rear preaload is at #7 (compression is 8 clicks out from full hard, and rebound is 2 turns from full hard). The front preload is at 2 turns from full hard (compression is at 2.5 turns from full hard and rebound is at 2 turns from full hard). Hope this helps a little. BTW these are track settings. Compression and rebound dampening should be a couple of clicks or turns softer for the street. Good luck. 8)
B, how did you get 30mm of front sag, did you change the springs? I have the same amout of preload and I'm getting about 42mm front sag and I weigh 155lbs without gear.

·
Registered
89 Posts
bidwell said:
B-kndrggr said:
B, how did you get 30mm of front sag, did you change the springs? I have the same amout of preload and I'm getting about 42mm front sag and I weigh 155lbs without gear.
Hey bidwell, before sitting on the bike did you fully extend the front and rear suspension? How many people are helping you hold the bike when you sit on it. I had mine done with a track day crew (3 guys) and those are the figures they gave me on the sag. I came up with rebound and compression after a few laps. 8)

·
Registered
743 Posts
B-kndrggr said:
bidwell said:
B-kndrggr said:
Hey bidwell, before sitting on the bike did you fully extend the front and rear suspension? How many people are helping you hold the bike when you sit on it. I had mine done with a track day crew (3 guys) and those are the figures they gave me on the sag. I came up with rebound and compression after a few laps. 8)
No I didn't extend the suspension before sitting on it but haven't on other bikes either. At first your question didn't make any sense but after some thought can see where excessive stiction or rebound damping may skew the results. I'm still doubtful but will give it a try, thanks!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
1KRR - Lemme know what you find out... I am also 275lbs, and I'll be picking up my RR next week. I found the front was WAY too soft on my F4 stock.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I dont know how anyone gets decent sag with those fork springs. I am 150 pounds and they are too wimpy for me.. Already using almost all the preload.

Ernie

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Leonardo629 said:
ernie said:
I dont know how anyone gets decent sag with those fork springs. I am 150 pounds and they are too wimpy for me.. Already using almost all the preload.

Ernie
hi,

I'm almost the same weight...what is your rear preload position?
My rear preload was position two from full soft.. But I am running a Penske now.

Ernie

·
Registered
186 Posts
I set front preload 14 turns from full soft. Rear third step from full soft. Bikes feels like it's lighter now and more comfortable to ride. But it seems to really eat up the rear tire now. I'm 180 with gear.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Finally a site dedicated to the 1000RR. Good work.

I thought someone may be interested in my settings. I ride mainly road and most of the time they are pretty bumpy.

I weigh 85kgs which is around 185 lbs. This is my set up at the moment

Front
Preload is two more turns than std.
Compression is one turn harder than std
Rebound is std

Rear
Preload is Pos 3 (one softer than std)
Compression is 4 clicks softer than std
Rebound is std

Still some fine tuning to go but its starting to work well.

·
Registered
175 Posts
also, sportrider.com has good info on setting sags. I am 225 and set rear to #3 (three from full soft), then front worked out to 9 turns from full soft. These are static settings, haven't had a chance to measure rider sags yet. Haven't messed with comp/rebound yet either.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.