Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
i have read all the threads about the stock battery of the Blade(really awful). This is my fourth replacement now. Somehow my official Honda dealer has convinced them to only buy the stock again (warrantee issues, side effects, etc).
Just wanted to clear this issue once and for all. I've read the benefits of the Shorai (i.e. longer life, lighter weight, higher charge, etc).
Could anyone list the side effects if any ?

Cheers
Nash

·
Registered
569 Posts
Had a Shorai for a couple years but went back to OEM because it won't start in cold weather (below freezing) unless your turn on the headlight and let the battery warm up for 5 minutes. Unacceptable for me since it was my ride to work that's really the only side effect.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
If you don't ride it often and keep it on a trickle charger, you will need a special one for LiFePO batteries. There is a Battery Tender Jr that I use that can switch between Lead Acid and LiFePO.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had a Shorai for a couple years but went back to OEM because it won't start in cold weather (below freezing) unless your turn on the headlight and let the battery warm up for 5 minutes. Unacceptable for me since it was my ride to work that's really the only side effect.
Thanks y that would be an issue for me as I use it in the winter as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you don't ride it often and keep it on a trickle charger, you will need a special one for LiFePO batteries. There is a Battery Tender Jr that I use that can switch between Lead Acid and LiFePO.
Thanks. What I find really weird is how’s similar type of battery in my wife’s gixer 750 had never any issues !

·
Hook 'em!
2017 CBR1000S1
3,556 Posts
Thanks y that would be an issue for me as I use it in the winter as well.
I had a Shorai on a CB1000R and it would be slow to turn over in "cold" weather in Houston, Texas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts