Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Kamikaze
14,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put this in here instead of the exhaust section because it's not much of a performance mod, hell it probably made things worse - but I didn't do it in hopes of more power. I cut about 4" off the back of my old beat up RT-1 pipe. It was real easy with an angle grinder, drill and rivet gun. Took me about 2 hours, and thats with me taking my time.

Crappy pictures but it's the best before and after I have at the moment. The first is an old pic from when I first got the bike a few years back, the second is how it sits now with the cut pipe.

I think the short pipe looks better. I'm sure it didn't increase the power at all but again it wasn't my goal. It doesn't sound too much louder, but this exhaust has always been obnoxiously loud. I am going to cut it open again soon to repack the fiberglass, most of it had blown out over the years. I think once I repack it the thing will sound better.

·
Red Wingin Georgia Boy
1,116 Posts
That looks pretty good man...ive always wondered what would happen if you cut the "nub" off the end of those pipes tho...ive got the jardine rt1 dual outlet so no need to for me but some of the "better performing" exhaust like arata that have that nub ive wondered if i could cut it off and what it would look like

·
Registered
240 Posts
That is very cool, I might try this on my carbon rt-1. Does the shorter pipe effect the clamp that mounts to the subframe?

·
Kamikaze
14,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is very cool, I might try this on my carbon rt-1. Does the shorter pipe effect the clamp that mounts to the subframe?
I cut the pipe down to where the mounting bracket was so it didn't change the geometry or mount point at all. It sticks out past the mounting loop just long enough for the rivets to stick out. When I get a chance I'll take some better pictures and post them up.

·
Kamikaze
14,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you notice any fumes?Looks great.
I haven't noticed any smoke or anything, but it hasn't changed the flow enough for it to cause smoke I'd imagine. I'll have to wait and see if this makes the tail light turn brown faster, but that shit cleans up real quick with a couple quick passes of plastx plastic cleaner anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts