Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
cbr 1000RR 2006
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting sick tired of this bike, just fixed new clutch when this happen.

Engine shuts off/stalling like hell while accelerating, it started, first gear and second, and havent tryed the other gears, its fucking scary when its happen,
i dont dare to accelrate/drive it at all.
Wonder if its the electrical pulse generator behind the clutchcase on right side or something else?

Bike is overhauled with new sparks/airfilter/clutch/oil/ valves adjustment/etc

Thanks in advance

·
SuperMod
912 Posts
My 2 cents..
If it's shuts off suddenly, most likely electrical.
if it bogs down, fuel related.

In your case, it sounds like it stalls suddenly so most likely electrical. perhaps a loose wire or connector that moves when you accelerate hard and the engine stalls.

one things to do is start the bike on a stand, go around the bike and jiggle wires to see if any of them cause a hickup / stall.

·
Registered
cbr 1000RR 2006
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 2 cents..
If it's shuts off suddenly, most likely electrical.
if it bogs down, fuel related.

In your case, it sounds like it stalls suddenly so most likely electrical. perhaps a loose wire or connector that moves when you accelerate hard and the engine stalls.

one things to do is start the bike on a stand, go around the bike and jiggle wires to see if any of them cause a hickup / stall.
Hi Bosston
Thanks for answering.
Found one problem :) but still have other issues :(
it was the thick vaccumhose from tank that was missing, there is two on my bike, one thin and one thicker going out from fueltank, how i found it, i open the tanklid so air come in to fueltank and drowe the bike to see, and it started to work fine :)...went home, lifted the tank seeing a T-connector, missing out 30cm hose that suck in air, so hose from fueltank going down under left fairing or downward to passing cluthclock but i turned the end towards front so air can suck in while driving.
So drowe 30km happy until something else happen, neutral start to blink simultan while pulling in the clutch handle, put in first gear, bike dies, start again rpm meter jumps all over the place while idle, dies again, start up, put in gear, drive home slowly without problem, but same issue in my garage, dies in 1 gear, i been looping the sidestand as there was problem before.
I guessing bad groundconnection somewere, so have to pull away farings/tank/ messure the new battery,se if cells are dead, and so on if no new ideas shows up?

·
Registered
cbr 1000RR 2006
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So you were right, in your centences, but i used wrong words firstly to decribe the problem, thanks buddy
"if it's shuts off suddenly, most likely electrical.
if it bogs down, fuel related"

·
Registered
cbr 1000RR 2006
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Bosston
Thanks for answering.
Found one problem :) but still have other issues :(
it was the thick vaccumhose from tank that was missing, there is two on my bike, one thin and one thicker going out from fueltank, how i found it, i open the tanklid so air come in to fueltank and drowe the bike to see, and it started to work fine :)...went home, lifted the tank seeing a T-connector, missing out 30cm hose that suck in air, so hose from fueltank going down under left fairing or downward to passing cluthclock but i turned the end towards front so air can suck in while driving.
So drowe 30km happy until something else happen, neutral start to blink simultan while pulling in the clutch handle, put in first gear, bike dies, start again rpm meter jumps all over the place while idle, dies again, start up, put in gear, drive home slowly without problem, but same issue in my garage, dies in 1 gear, i been looping the sidestand as there was problem before.
I guessing bad groundconnection somewere, so have to pull away farings/tank/ messure the new battery,se if cells are dead, and so on if no new ideas shows up?
Fixed the problem nr 2, althou i looped contact in sidestand(took away completly), there was very small contact problem as saved the both black electrical socket and just looped the cable, socket was the problem
fuckin shit spending 6 hours troubleshooting cables...anyway bikes run great now....hope my experience help someone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts