Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
wants to go fast
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know how to bypass this?

obviously i wont need a kickstand on a car with four wheels, but i need that switch to read okay for the bike to run.

ive heard you just splice the wires together. is that correct?

·
Registered
321 Posts
I'm removing my side stand for an event :cussing: but I'll want to put it back afterwards. Since I don't want to cut/splice what are my other options?

A quick Google search found several companies that do bypass kits, but I don't know if there's one specifically for your bike. What you could do is grab another switch, which I believe comes with some wire and the connector (I could be wrong, my memory never was that good and is not improving with age, lol), and make a plug and play one yourself, don't think it would be very difficult. Then you could unplug and remove your switch with the stand and plug in your handy DIY eliminator. There would be a little cutting and splicing but it wouldn't be on your own switch and it would go away when you put the stand back on at least.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.