Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Slip-on Exhaust, Check Engine Light

11K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  Shinji43 
#1 ·
I recently bought my first bike. 2021 CBR1000RR and I bought a Yoshimura slip-on. I also got the Servo-buddy, but the check engine light still came on. Does anybody have the same issue or know how to fix it??

#18 ·
Does Akropovic sell just the cam part? I took delivery of #42 today and it has the carbon fiber slip on and throwing DTC 34, I assume because the cam was not installed. Will this hurt the motor in any way?

The dealer assured me that there was no check engine light when I asked this very specific question and....check engine light.

Extremely frustrating, traded in my 2019 CBR 1000RR SP and a 2022 Vulcan S toward this bike. I love the bike, just afraid it's going to blow up. Had 195 miles on it when I got it, they must have installed the Akro pretty soon after the original owner bought it.

I've got the OEM exhaust so I can always put that back on if I can figure out how to remove those black plastic clips that hold the bodywork together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.