Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...but i'm faced with a new problem. the damn insurance companies in this province (including the one i'm currently insured with) don't even have rates for it yet!!! so they can't give me a quote/insure it until they get their acts together and get this info from their head offices! canada again proves how lame it is!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
rctyler;

Bummer. I'm expecting mine to arrive this week (Im in Ottawa). My dealer received their first one this past week, and its spoken for (I was #2 on the list), but its still there???? I wonder if the new owner of that one is having insurance woes too???

Who are you insured with?? Please...please, don't say Primmum! Thats who I'm currently with and Im not wanting to switch insurance companies.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep, i'm with primmum. i'm trying to avoid primmum, as they now require a crazy-expensive alarm for comprehensive coverage to be offered. so i've been looking around and nobody seems to have any info for this bike, despite the fact that (unless you were hiding under a rock) it's been well known to be a 'new' model for months!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ok that really bites! I live in Edmonton and am currently insured with Jevco for my VFR. I ended up calling around cause Jevco wont insure the CBR. I did get a hold of "primmum" through TD. I based my rate on a R1 as they did not have the CBR listed, that was about 2 weeks ago. I was really hoping that they would get thier act together!

I can't believe that you have your bike as I visited my dealer in Edmonton today and they told me that they havent arrived in Van yet...... I really hate this run around! There is a nice R1 sitting in another dealer calling my name. I need support to hold tough! :?

·
Registered
89 Posts
That "sucks" rctyler. Do insurance companies up there try to nail you guys for top $ on your insurance premiums because you have a sportbike? Hope not bro. Vernoo, keep your hopes up. Your CBR will be there soon. She'll be worth the wait. 8)

·
Registered
89 Posts
How much are they quoting you guys? (Canada and elsewhere) I'm in Los Angeles and covered by State Farm Insurance. Got full coverage for $700 a year. They only go by engine displacement and # of cylinders (example- CBR1000rr is 998cc). The home office is in Bloomington, Illinois. And there's another in Winter Haven, Florida. I'm just curious, that's all.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
here, state farm won't offer coverage unless you have a car with them (which is illegal--tied selling--but for some reason they get away with it). but apparently their rates are good. but on the whole, if you live in toronto, your rates will be ridiculous...mine increased 25% from last year for no reason other than rate increase. the company actually told me that their increase was more like 50%, but they 'capped' existing business at 25% increase. real generous... :evil:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.