Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:nerd:

Apologies if this thread exists elsewhere....Seeing some chatter about a V-4 CBR coming...

Sounds like an 'us too' response to Ducati and Aprilia.

Discuss. :grin2:

·
Registered
912 Posts
Every summer someone brings this up. I won't hold my breath waiting for a V4 CBR. A new motor would mean a completely different bike from the frame to the swing arm. Honda is too busy rehashing the decade old design. Small bikes like the Grom and other small displacement bikes is where they are making money. This is where I think their focus will be in R&D.

·
Premium Member
2,407 Posts
The CBR will never be a V anything. The V4 might appear in a sport bike sometime, but for now Honda makes millions selling the V4 in every type of bike other than a sport bike.

AT the point the V4 goes sport bike again it will carry a name other than CBR.

·
FEB 2016 BOTM
2,088 Posts
Every year we see a post on this. Never husts to stop dreaming guys. I’m not holding my breath.

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Now that it’s no longer race legal (and the fact they did it in an automobile- what was that ugly thing called again?) perhaps Honda could build a production V5. Pipe dream, I know.

·
Premium Member
4,907 Posts
Nice RSV4. I have been looking at the newer Tuono's for a while now. i have well sorted VFR with a wonderful V4 but the Italian Sport Tour is probably next. i'll keep the old CBR for the track until one day Honda goes V4.

·
Ghostrider
326 Posts
No V4 , not in 2019 , next will be a new Cbr1000rr with a full new powerful engine

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
No V4 , not i 2019 , next will be a new Cbr1000rr with a full new powerful engine
No, I think 2019 will get "bright new colors" :grin2::gay:

·
Premium Member
2,407 Posts
The CBR name is not the name that will be used for any multi cylinder V powered bike.

Honda have far too much history, racing legend and lore and historic capital invested in the VF, VFR, RV and RVF names to be stupid enough the squander a V3, V4 or V5 engine on the CBR name to then not use the VFR, RVF or RCV name on a V powered sport bike marketing campaign.

Then again they have done dumber things before, take Honda deciding to paint the US SC77 engine covers black instead of gold - so who really knows LOL

·
Ghostrider
326 Posts
Unluckily the sc80 already exist , it´s called cb1000r 2018 ...
Also we will have to wait till 2020 for the new CBR

1 - 20 of 82 Posts