Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,907 Posts
Aprilia engines since 2015 are getting better and better , BMW still shitty , Ducati a bit better , KTM for few stuff even worst
I agree with this except didn't BMW address their early production runs like Aprillia did? I remember there were some crank failures on the early ones along with gear box failures. Thought they were better these days too.

·
Ghostrider
326 Posts
2019 RR will be delivered late due engine failure (not a news...) , like the 1250 presented 18 months later due camshafts problem ; new 750-850 chinese engine delivered and recalled back , due rod failure ; 310 delivered and recalled THREE times due various issue.
will let out scooters (kymko engine , and e-scoteers for god sake.
Than R and RR camshafts problem , water pump , ABS module , clutch basket and other mixed shit (talking about 2018 production).

·
Ghostrider
326 Posts
Could be even better , but it´s already a jump to the moon compare to the early no APRC 1000.

·
Ghostrider
326 Posts
2020 will be a good year for the fireblade , believe me ....

·
Ghostrider
326 Posts
No V4 guys , rest of the UPS drivers will have to wait end of 2019.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Honda Files Patent Mirror Winglets On Future CBR1000RR
Seems a little odd, especially adding it to the parts you would remove if you were going to track it and really benefit from extra downforce. As far as aero, I'd rather see them eliminate drag - as long as it didn't end up looking like a Busa.

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/346188/honda-aerodynamics-motogp-superbike/

From the article: "I personally have some major qualms about how capable, even the sturdiest of mirror stems, will be of transferring down force at speed, as the parts are far from structural/weight-bearing components"

·
Stand your ground
1,102 Posts
Probably not designed to add down force to the tire. They might be to stabilize the mirror more at highway speeds and eliminate some of the buzz though.

·
Can't Spell
338 Posts
Or its to stabilize the airflow around the rider and tail of the bike. Drag reducing.

·
Ghostrider
326 Posts
Just wanna add : soon we will see another master job of honda ...

·
Premium Member
2,407 Posts
But how is this "master job" going to translate to actual Honda customers?

If the bike is a one off limited like the RC213V-S then its no good to us regular customers, and if it a half-arse fuckup like the SP2 that is part homologation (SP2 heads) and locked down performance street electronics with no calibration ability to change tires and sprockets then it is also of no good to regular customers.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I'm actually holding out for the 2020 before I buy another literbike. I plan on going to at least one of the motorcycle shows this winter and seeing it in person. Right now the ZX-10 and BMW are the front runners but I won't be completely sold unless Honda drops the ball.. AGAIN

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

·
Ghostrider
326 Posts
Wow! Really??? That is great news!!!!! I do believe you!!
In fact, I heard the same thing from my UPS driver's cousin's uncle's dog groomer's dry cleaner!!
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
I just jumped ship, really wanted a V4 bike. so i went out and got one. Not regretting the decision.
I did too! VFR1200X DCT. Since I already have the CBR, I wanted something different.

So there it is! Based on the old VFR V4, which was a big failure. Huge 1200cc lump, already had it flashed by Guhl, puts out plenty of grunt, DCT tranny is loads of fun, no clutch lever, no shifter, just push the button or let the bike do it for ya!

This motor is not built for high speed racing, I guess the advantage is that it keeps the overall bike narrower...

·
Ghostrider
326 Posts
I did too! VFR1200X DCT. Since I already have the CBR, I wanted something different.

So there it is! Based on the old VFR V4, which was a big failure. Huge 1200cc lump, already had it flashed by Guhl, puts out plenty of grunt, DCT tranny is loads of fun, no clutch lever, no shifter, just push the button or let the bike do it for ya!

This motor is not built for high speed racing, I guess the advantage is that it keeps the overall bike narrower...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Nice. I see you are in Sweden. Have you flashed the ECU yet? There's a guy here in the U.S. who can flash your ECU for you and make a BIG difference.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts