Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Everyone tells me 200/55 will make a huge difference for the better. I did a search here, but I can’t find a confirmed fit, as far as hugger clearance? Thanks. Non SP CBR.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
If you have or intend to install a QS, along with TC, both systems may be unreliable if you use 200/55 as this bike is calibrated for OEM size: 190/50.
Fitment might be the least of your concerns.
Many threads here covering this topic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will find out I guess as I have the OEM QS. Tires are ordered.
I Have seen some posts, but in the end there is speculation and nothing confirmed. The QS will be the easiest to confirm.
I have not noticed my TC going off as of yet on stock size. But I’m trying to be smooth on the throttle, all the way to wide open. Not sure how sensitive or quick the TC is. I felt some small momentarily slippage, like fractions of a sec at the track, which I guess won’t trigger it.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Something else to consider - if your bike originally came with a 190/50, the 200/55 is ~5% taller. Your speed will be off (fixed with Speedo Healer), but so will the geometry. I'm no suspension expert so can't comment on the affects.

From what I've been reading, the 200 will give you slightly better edge grip. I went from a 190/50 to a 190/55, which has the same profile as a 180/55. It was a major change to the handling, bike flicks back and forth like a 600, I couldn't be happier.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Something else to consider - if your bike originally came with a 190/50, the 200/55 is ~5% taller. Your speed will be off (fixed with Speedo Healer), but so will the geometry. I'm no suspension expert so can't comment on the affects.

From what I've been reading, the 200 will give you slightly better edge grip. I went from a 190/50 to a 190/55, which has the same profile as a 180/55. It was a major change to the handling, bike flicks back and forth like a 600, I couldn't be happier.
Went with a 190/55 also. Won’t be on till next weekend.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Why do you want a 200 size tire on a bike designed for a 190? Who is 'everyone'?
Well I guess you agree with Honda’s position “you bought a street bike” as posted by RC45. Then move on. I don’t. It’s a fucking joke. What is an even bitter joke is the retarded 50 profile. For nothing else in my opinion but to save a few bucks, and on top, possibly locking you in to use a 50 with the electronics sensitivity stupidity. Who will NOT tell you that a 200/55 is NOT the better option if you track the bike, even just for the fun of it, and you don’t have to be a racer or high level advanced.

From directly talking to GSXR AND R1 owners with newer models and electronics, it is no issue for them changing tire size. Just Honda retardation.

·
MachineHead
334 Posts
Well I guess you agree with Honda’s position “you bought a street bike” as posted by RC45. Then move on. I don’t. It’s a fucking joke. What is an even bitter joke is the retarded 50 profile. Nothing else in my opinion to save a few bucks, and on top, possibly locking you in to use a 50 with the electronics sensitivity stupidity. Who will NOT tell you that a 200/55 is NOT the better option if you track the bike, even just for the fan of it, and you don’t have to be a racer or high level advanced.

From directly talking to GSXR AND R1 owners with newer models and electronics, it is no issue for them changing tire size. Just Honda retardation.
Ahh, ok hombre, I appreciate the input. Personally, i’d rather not have any electronic interference other than the quick-shifter.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I did “chicken out” and did not go with a 200/55 :LOL: 190/55 it is. Only about 40mi ride yesterday, but no issues with the QS.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts