Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 CBR1000RR (base)
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Previously owned a 2008 600rr until I decided it would be a great idea and Superman over the handle bars.

Picked up a 2018 on sale last October. Spent most of the fall and winter getting the bike ready for the track.

Ohlins TTX and cart kits going in tomorrow. Not much left to do but an exhaust with a decent tune.
  • GB Racing covers
  • R&G frame sliders
  • Womet-Tech spools/fork sliders
  • Lightech brake lever guard
  • Woodcraft clipons
  • Domino GP grips
  • Sato in bar weights and end cap
  • Lightech R Series rear sets
  • TSR racing seat
  • Brembo RCS 19
  • TWM remote adjuster
  • TWM gas cap
  • MotoCoach caliper coolers
  • TST fender eliminator
  • Motodynamic integrated tail light

·
Registered
31 Posts
I did the same thing (except the superman thingy) and got mine on sale this past November. traded my Kawi zx636 on the '18 base (hehe, BASE, man they use that term loosely) Never thought I would love a motorcycle as much as I love this one.
welcome...

·
Registered
421 Posts
Welcome. When are you going to the track? I'll be at Buttonwillow on the 27th and 28th of March with my 2018 CBR.
Also, those pics are on the 94 out by Barret Junction, yes? I ride around there a lot.

·
Premium Member
2018 CBR1000RR (base)
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome. When are you going to the track? I'll be at Buttonwillow on the 27th and 28th of March with my 2018 CBR.
Also, those pics are on the 94 out by Barret Junction, yes? I ride around there a lot.
Yes I’ll be at ButtonWillow on Saturday the 27th of March.

Pics are where Victory Jon takes photos on Mulholland I’m not familiar with the exact spot.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Yes I’ll be at ButtonWillow on Saturday the 27th of March.

Pics are where Victory Jon takes photos on Mulholland I’m not familiar with the exact spot.
Oh ok looks similar to geography out here by San Diego. Jon takes some nice shots.
Cool man I'll see you at Buttonwillow (y)

·
Registered
624 Posts
You guys are killing me with getting all these 2018s. I really like the look allot.
Nice pic of you and the bike on Mulholland.

This was Mulholland in 1974, 47 years ago (OMG)..... My first street bike.
You needed a Delorean to jump into the future for a Sport Bike...

·
Premium Member
2018 CBR1000RR (base)
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guys are killing me with getting all these 2018s. I really like the look allot.
Nice pic of you and the bike on Mulholland.

This was Mulholland in 1974, 47 years ago (OMG)..... My first street bike.
You needed a Delorean to jump into the future for a Sport Bike...
View attachment 261952
The fairings are an absolute nightmare to deal with!

Dont like the trend with new bikes and complex as hell plastics. Putting on the integrated tail light and fender eliminator license plate holder felt like I was going to brake something!

Nice shot btw!

·
Registered
421 Posts
The fairings on the 2018 aren't the most fun thing to handle but I don't find them significantly worse to deal with compared to my old 03.

·
Premium Member
2018 CBR1000RR (base)
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The fairings on the 2018 aren't the most fun thing to handle but I don't find them significantly worse to deal with compared to my old 03.
Guess things like the single piece tail section on my 08 600rr spoiled me compared to the transformer that is the 2018 1000rr :)

·
Registered
421 Posts
The single piece on my 03 scared me. I always thought it was going to crack when flexing it to clear the subframe. The 2018 bike is like a jigsaw puzzle.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I guess I'm a little indifferent about the whole fairings thing. I work on Honda cars for a living, so I'm used to having to take apart a bunch of things just to get to one thing. Honda tends to do that. They will cover one thing with 5-6 pieces that have to come off just to get that one thing off.

·
Registered
624 Posts
The 05 tail piece is the same. You practically have to break it in half to get it on or off. It's the worst part on the whole bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts