Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Forgot to take my meds
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bonamici case savers and chain adjuster, s21 200/55, fast frank captive spacers frt/rr, t-rex rcing no cut frame sliders, p08 air filter, graves block off plates, vortex fuel cap and base, hotbodies fender eliminator, custom led integrated tail light, stomgrip tank protector and traction pads, woolich racing kit usb v3 deristricted and then uploaded mapshare from australia, Akra Ti header, leovince can waiting on Akra motogp type can,
goodridge ABS brakeline kit, woodcraft spools, TSR chain hook waiting on and yes i need to attach can exhaust spring

other bikes, 2015r1m, 2017 zx10rr, 17Gsxr1000rr all deristricted smog removed and flashed and tuned.

Attachments

·
Forgot to take my meds
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is some who shared a map labeled 185 or 189 wheel HP after getting it tuned on dyno after about a week of learning Woolich kit I flashed it to my ecu
I must say this is the first time I ever used Goodridge and I must say it fit perfectly and was such a normal easy install almost like removing oem and replacing oem they are the only company offering ABS SS brake lines for this bike

·
Forgot to take my meds
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The ECU has all the derestrictions removed the timing retard removed throttle body closing after certain rpm range rpm limit from 11k to 13800. The hole enchilada
It removes fault codes for servo pair valve
It frees the bike up to be what it was designed for
I must say customer support from Woolich was great I was skeptical about non phone support but they proved me wrong

·
Registered
135 Posts
There is some who shared a map labeled 185 or 189 wheel HP after getting it tuned on dyno after about a week of learning Woolich kit I flashed it to my ecu
I must say this is the first time I ever used Goodridge and I must say it fit perfectly and was such a normal easy install almost like removing oem and replacing oem they are the only company offering ABS SS brake lines for this bike
I saw that map. He has a full system and MWR air filter. Close enough to your mods I suppose. Is Australian fuel different from US fuel enough to be an issue?

Where did you order the Goodridge lines from?

·
FEB 2016 BOTM
2,100 Posts
Bonamici case savers and chain adjuster, s21 200/55, fast frank captive spacers frt/rr, t-rex rcing no cut frame sliders, p08 air filter, graves block off plates, vortex fuel cap and base, hotbodies fender eliminator, custom led integrated tail light, stomgrip tank protector and traction pads, woolich racing kit usb v3 deristricted and then uploaded mapshare from australia, Akra Ti header, leovince can waiting on Akra motogp type can,
goodridge ABS brakeline kit, woodcraft spools, TSR chain hook waiting on and yes i need to attach can exhaust spring

other bikes, 2015r1m, 2017 zx10rr, 17Gsxr1000rr all deristricted smog removed and flashed and tuned.
Would love to see the other bikes in your stable. All those top bikes makes me a little jelly? And why no Euro bikes? I would at least get a Ape.

·
Premium Member
2,911 Posts
Exactly which map did you download and use?

I looked at the maps out there and there are no SP2 specific shares. 2 of the maps I shared and 1 Xoptio shared from Florida. Neither of those BINs are intended for use, they where just uploaded as an experiment.

·
Forgot to take my meds
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the one labeled 187 wheel hp power, not sure if is sp2 specific but the bike runs so nice i must say and pulls so good
i will post pics tomorrow of my other bikes,
i just basically tailored advanced settings and mapshare bin file setting, nothing big
compared to stock when i picked up the bike, there is no comparison

·
Premium Member
2,911 Posts
That file is form an ABS bike I seem to recall - def. not an SP2.

The difference you felt was more to do with the ETV table changes than anything else, and even then these ETV tables are a little butchered with at east 1 easily seen error - just load the ETV tables and view as 3D graph. P1, EB1, G4 in particular.

Out the box SP2 has Wheelie Control set to 0 for Traction Control Level 1, while the SP1, ABS and non-ABS RRs have WC set to 1 in TC1. Just another pointer to the track orientation of the SP2 rather than be designed for freeway roll-ons.

Honestly, a better starting point before taking a bike to be finally dyno tuned would be to use the European SP2 fuel and ignition maps and ETV tables overlaid on top of the US SP2 ECU.

Now that my bike is all HRC'ed up, I may as well share my Woolich SP2 tune file.

·
Premium Member
2,911 Posts
Nice bikes you have. My bet is that the R1 is the most fun on the track.
You would think, but a fellow SP2 owner out in the Pacific Northwest also has a wicked R1M - and for him at least, back to back track sessions had him picking and sticking with the SP2.

So much so, his last track outing he did not even take the R1M with,

·
Premium Member
4,936 Posts
You would think, but a fellow SP2 owner out in the Pacific Northwest also has a wicked R1M - and for him at least, back to back track sessions had him picking and sticking with the SP2.

That is good to hear. I have rode a friends tricked out R1 at my local track..... wow was I amazed. In just session I was running the same times as my best times on my CBR 1k.

·
Stand your ground
1,102 Posts

I am curious what his impressions were that led him to that decision. From what I have heard the new CBR is just "easier" to ride. Wears you out less and that sort of thing.

·
Premium Member
2,911 Posts
I am curious what his impressions were that led him to that decision. From what I have heard the new CBR is just "easier" to ride. Wears you out less and that sort of thing.
The SP2 was just quicker everywhere because it could be ridden harder and smarter - R1M is tiring and hamfisted in comparison, was essentially what he said.

·
Forgot to take my meds
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
RC am i electing these boxes in configuration tab??

unify fuel cyl maps maintain cyl offset

unify ign group maps 2-6

unify ign cyl maps maintain cyl offset

·
Premium Member
2,911 Posts
Yeah, those attributes are invoked when you manually edit the fuel and ignition maps. The changes made get propagated to all the fuel tables but the existing offset/differences between cylinders are maintained.

Has no real effect when just flashing the ECU. The unification attribute is a feature of the Woolich software, it is not an attribute recognized by the ECU.

·
Forgot to take my meds
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
trying to flash my sp2 with rc 45 mapshare, well major problems here, i have the type two bench woolich kit so i had to pull the power connector out then when pushing it in there was a spark on one of the terminals of the battery connector and i kept getting repeating turn ign off click ok turn ign on so i keep unpluggin the pwer bench kit type 2 then plugging in doesnt stop

·
Forgot to take my meds
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I have the bench kit so it has a connector for hooking up to a power source like a mc battery in my case I can’t turn the key off and then on I have to pull apart the battery connector and then push it together when I did that I got a big spark because the terminals were aligned and then kabooms
Tony is on top of this sent me instructions and reset thing and sent new file or something
I’ll do this after work and follow up

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.