Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a set of frame slider and took the right engine mount bolt out. It turns out that they gave me wrong length bolts so I put the original bolt back on and torqued it to 47 ft/lb. I noticed that the spacer is loose. Is it supposed to be loose, there is like a 1mm of a gap. I don't want to tighten it any more. I don't recall how it was before I took off the bolt. 20210218_114858.jpg

·
Registered
429 Posts
There is a specific tightening sequence that you must go through for the engine mount bolts. In your situation according to service manual you have to loosen all the bolts and tighten in the sequence specified. There should be no gap in this area!

·
L'Poser
10,931 Posts
Yea, something isn’t right. Did you do both sides?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, something isn’t right. Did you do both sides?
I loosed the right side first, then when the bolt didn't fit, I put the OEM back on to 47ft/lb. Then I did the same thing on the left side. I went to take some pictures, and that's when I noticed the spacer is loose.

·
L'Poser
10,931 Posts
I loosed the right side first, then when the bolt didn't fit, I put the OEM back on to 47ft/lb. Then I did the same thing on the left side. I went to take some pictures, and that's when I noticed the spacer is loose.
I only asked because on occasion they have been swapped between sides which won’t work.

·
L'Poser
10,931 Posts
Hopefully it’s not cross threaded. Take it out and check the threads. See if it goes in smoothly.

·
L'Poser
10,931 Posts
Put it in without the spacer, only to see where the shoulder stops at. That side should almost go through the engine mount. Other than something missing it should have gone back together. Also check for foreign debris.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Put it in without the spacer, only to see where the shoulder stops at. That side should almost go through the engine mount. Other than something missing it should have gone back together. Also check for foreign debris.
Well if the spacer is loose, putting in in without it would stop it at the same position where its at now.

·
L'Poser
10,931 Posts
Well if the spacer is loose, putting in in without it would stop it at the same position where its at now.
In theory. But if something is going to hang it up you’ll be able to see it better. It’s up to you.
The thing you want to look for is the shoulder of the bolt, is it going all the way in? If it’s going all the way in you’re missing something. I doubt something has changed. But it needs to be tight.

·
L'Poser
10,931 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
. Is it supposed to be loose, there is like a 1mm of a gap. I don't want to tighten it any more. I don't recall how it was before I took off the bolt.
Just checked my 2017 I installed R&G sliders on and the answer is NO it should not have a gap, and I torqued mine with a torque wrench to spec.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya, I striped the engine threads. Turns out when it got tight, it was binding, not tightening. Unfortune that it binded with the bolt 90% of the way in, because it wouldn't of torqued it.
Very similar to this post. It stripped in the same place too, right at the end of the bolt.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts