Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
crotch rocket
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.sportrider.com/features/146_0404_cbr_dyno/

It's only about 5 hp more than my 954 (with Micron serpent exhaust & PCIIIr). I would think a few more horsepower will be freed up after it's broke in more.

Also, Honda usually runs pretty lean to keep the exhaust really clean, so with a different muffler to open the exhaust, as well as a PowerCommander to fatten the fuel curve, I would think there'd be a least 10 more hp added at the rear wheel (as well as many pounds removed with the OEM muffler). Can't wait for spring.

·
Registered
18 Posts
1000RR will be more about balance.

·
Registered
128 Posts
And a new exhaust and PCIII will be going on the bike when you get it to boost the power some more. IMO, that is plenty of hp anyway.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think that cbr has more power..
Cbr was brand new, from the production line to the test.
Everyone knows that ram air gives more power to the cbr.
I dont think that the test took that into consideration when measuring cbr capabilities. :D

·
crotch rocket
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RE: next Sport Rider

Sub said:
When does the new issue of sport rider come out? seems like I bought the last issue 4-5 weeks ago.

Sport Rider is bi-monthly. Current edition is Feb., so next one is April, but should be out in March. At least they should have time to publish a full report, and hopefully have some comparisons.

·
Registered
142 Posts
ASiMO said:
I think that cbr has more power..
Cbr was brand new, from the production line to the test.
Everyone knows that ram air gives more power to the cbr.
I dont think that the test took that into consideration when measuring cbr capabilities. :D
RAM AIR like CAI's are very difficult to quantify. I think Honda is just setting everyone up to buy their HRC stuff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.