Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I Recently bought a 2006 cbr1000rr-6 motor and have decided to put it in my mini sprint car. I was wondering if anyone had done the same thing that im doing or if anyone could help me wire it. It has a starter solenoid on it that is not from a stock cbr, however, I did attempt to wire the stock solenoid to in line with the aftermarket starter relay and im having trouble. I grounded a battery to the frame of the car, then i ran a positive wire to the aftermarket starter solenoid, From there i have a wire that runs to a push button on one of the smaller terminals of the aftermarket solenoid (attached to the same post as the positive for the switch). Then i have a yellow wire with a red stripe that goes from my stock solenoid routed to the other post on the push button, from there i have a wire going from the other side of the aftermarket relay to the starter (the stock relays negative wire attached here) from the post on the starter i also have a ground wire coming off of it going to the chassis. My problem is that whenever i attach my battery the motor starts turning over and the aftermarket relay starts clicking a good bit, with the ignition switch off. What do i do?

·
SuperMod
790 Posts
I recall someone else having a similar question, putting a CBR engine in a car, gocart or something. Poke around and hopefully you can find something good from that thread.

I personally haven't played with the wires in that area to know first hand. The circuit seems to be fairly simple though
is this how you have things hooked up?
Font Schematic Rectangle Line Slope

1 - 2 of 2 Posts