Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi , can somebodys help me , is Motul 10w same Viscosity like Pro honda suspension fluid SS-47

i looking to change fluid on my CBR1000rr 2013 bpf fork ,

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes , they are is 10w but someone said Viscosity is not same , and i want to know which Motul model is prefer for bpf

·
Premium Member
8,346 Posts

Yea, but real suspension tuners know better than to trust that rating as every brands 10W is different etc just like every tire manufacturers 190 tire is a different width...

We use Kinematic Viscosity which is much more consistent to insure the valves act accordingly.

You can use Motul 10W fork oil instead of SS-47, but if you want a better fluid then the FUCHS PRO RSF 7.5 would be my choice.

·
Hook 'em!
2,559 Posts
Yea, but real suspension tuners know better than to trust that rating as every brands 10W is different etc just like every tire manufacturers 190 tire is a different width...

We use Kinematic Viscosity which is much more consistent to insure the valves act accordingly.

You can use Motul 10W fork oil instead of SS-47, but if you want a better fluid then the FUCHS PRO RSF 7.5 would be my choice.
Probably 90% of the folks that ride don't have their suspensions adjusted by real tuners so variations in viscosity wouldn't really matter :grin2:

·
Premium Member
8,346 Posts
Probably 90% of the folks that ride don't have their suspensions adjusted by real tuners so variations in viscosity wouldn't really matter :grin2:

It matters to me.

I am not involved in this industry for the people that want to accept mediocrity. I don't make bikes just handle Ok or just better than stock I make them handle awesome. My customers whether on the MotoAmerica Grid or on their way to Starbucks expect that from me each & every time.

·
Hook 'em!
2,559 Posts
It matters to me.

I am not involved in this industry for the people that want to accept mediocrity. I don't make bikes just handle Ok or just better than stock I make them handle awesome. My customers whether on the MotoAmerica Grid or on their way to Starbucks expect that from me each & every time.
Dak Olluri prolly looking for a tune then

·
Can't Spell
340 Posts
I've been using maxima blue label 7.5wt instead of SS47 with good results, interested to try this fuchs pro stuff though. I noticed the SS47 seemed to get really dirty quickly.

·
Registered
410 Posts
If you're looking for perfect suspension for a Starbucks run, you don't know good coffee.... whuuu

1 - 10 of 10 Posts