Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

steering damper problems?

3K views 13 replies 14 participants last post by  StlRider 
#1 ·
A friend just purchased a new 1000 and mentioned that he HEARD there were some problems with the steering damper. Anyone know anything about this :?:

_______RED RR_______
Vinci carbon fiber exhaust
Galfer SS lines
Tomahawk-black
Motul E-Tech 100% synthetic
OEM seat cowl

"The BITTERNESS of poor quality remains long after the SWEETNESS of a cheap price is forgotten!"

#11 ·
Mine works just fine. The ONLY place I've heard anything bad about the dampener was in sportrider, "we also found the CBR required a lot more muscle to flick from full lean on one side to the other, espcially as the speeds picked up, a probable consequencs of the electronic steering damper fighting your steering inputs.
Other than that, I havent even heard rumors of anything bad with the HESD.

#13 ·
Sub said:
Can't even tell there is a damper there. haven't ridden it hard enough to find out either. That would be a nightmare if they had problems with those.
I would assume that honda would have put a lot of time and R&D into that steering dampener... Imagine the lawsuits if they were to fail.
So I would guess that the guy heard that there were problems with the HESD probably heard that through the Bull$hit grapevine. :shock:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.