Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Still Hangn'

2K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  mountain CBR 
#1 ·
Joined this forum in 2008. I'll be 70 on my next birthday. Have the same 05 CBR1000rr. Been through a few versions of fairings, but still running strong. Just thought I'd say hey and throw out a few current pics from the Northern Arizona high country....

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
Thanks for all the encouragement. We have a really nice twisty mountain road that goes to our Ski Resort near Flagstaff to about 9,500 feet. I use it to stay in shape. The photos are at the top. I've done track days at Firebird Raceway in Phoenix in the past, but it's too far, too hot and too expensive....LOL

I like the bottom half blue better also. The lowers with the white started to deform from heat. I replaced them with the solid blue lowers that survived an earlier crash. I have about 30,000 miles on the bike now. Can't believe how well it still runs, but I maintain it well.

I have to say, I think this bike is the best thing I have ever bought in 70 years!!!

#11 ·
Nice looking bike. I'm down in Gilbert, AZ, and "too hot" is an understatement here in the summertime. Weekend morning rides up to the high country (Yarnell, Prescott, Oak Creek, Jerome, Payson) are great to beat the heat. Perhaps we'll meet up sometime.

#15 ·
Mountain CBR. thanks for sharing. I am in my late 50s and have been riding for quite some time. I have a 2012 1KRR now. I feel the aches and pains after a long ride but I will ride until I cannot flip my leg over it. Thank you and keep riding.

#16 ·
msk- I think you will do fine for a while. I don't do very long rides. I like to get out on a twisty mountain or canyon road early on a weekday so there is little or no traffic and do my best Marquez imitation (actually not even close). If I can get all the way to the top of the mountain and back without seeing a car, it's a good day.

I've ridden from coast to coast and Southern border to Northern border multiple times, but when I was much younger....not anymore....but Sport Bikes were not meant for touring anyway. So far I haven't had any real physical limitations, but who knows how long????

You know the best thing for older folks is "Just keep moving".

Attachments

#17 ·
Love the bike. May I ask where you got the fairings you have on it in the pics? I love that color scheme. I just picked up a clean 2005 RR model myself a few months back. It was for my 60th birthday coming up in a few weeks. I have been off sportbikes since the mid to late 90's. My last was a Kaw ZX-7 in Kawasaki racing green and Muzzy pipes. Tried to replicate Scott Russell's bike at the time. I have missed it.

Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you and to many more years of riding. ........Mike

#19 ·
I have the 05 just like you, only the black with silver. I love th eblack, BUT, I am ready to change it up and the scheme on yours is exactly what I want to do. I think it may be my Christmas present to myself, this way I can spend a while putting them on in no hurry since it will be winter. I turn 50 in January, started riding in 1990. Had a "Minor," accident about 9 years ago and I dont get out as much as I used to. Recently had the urge to just start riding more.

I live in Ca, so I can ride pretty comfortably from march/april thru end of Oct. I rode year round when I was young, now, if it will sprinkle, the bike stays in the garage.

70 and still going on that kind of bike is impressive. Just curious...... are you married?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.