Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi

Today I've cleaned up my rear sprocket (full of grease) and amazed I've seen that I have a 40 teeth sprocket (this is how I've bought the bike from the previous owner)

I've searched the manual but couldnt find exactly which is the stock setup, but from googling around I've found that its 16-41 (can someone confirm this? )

So ... going -1 in the back would affect what on the bike? I mean the speed sensor would show less mph while you are riding with more mph (viceversa when going ++ in the back ) ? Would the mileage be altered from changing -1 in the back ? Any other thoughts about this ?

Thanks a million

·
Mr. Bish
32,613 Posts
16/41 on the 04-05

less teeth on the rear will result in the speedo reading lower than actual (as will more on front) *basically* higher top speed/slower acceleration

more teeth on the rear will yeald a higher reading than actual (as will less on the front)
*basically* lower top speed/quicker acceleration

·
Mr. Bish
32,613 Posts
Oh, "other thoughts" DON'T do it. You will achieve basically nothing in attempting to reach a higher top speed with a factory (or even lightly modified bike) 1kRR.

Most people do things such as -1/+2 F/R respectively

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
-1 on the back will have little affect on gearing.
It'll make the speedo read roughly 2.5% lower.(be closer to acurate anyway)
The euro model 0405 came stock with 16/40 gear.
yes i am from europe ... thanks
i didnt know that the euro model came stock with 16/40
thanks for your opinions:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
next time onwards swap both out and run a 15/43
your bike will turn into a whole new animal
yes it will. i went from the stock 16/42 on mine to a 15/42 what a great cheap mod ( front sprocket only ). then over the winter i decided to do the 520 conversion with a 15/43 set up. i always thought this may be a little much on the street but it is awesome.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've got a 43 rear sprocket which seems to be a little bit tight than a 530 one ... I think its for a 520 chain.
I dont think that its recommended to use a 520 sprocket with a 530 chain, I guess there will be too much freeplay, but I wanted to confirm with you!
What do you think?

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
I've got a 43 rear sprocket which seems to be a little bit tight than a 530 one ... I think its for a 520 chain.
I dont think that its recommended to use a 520 sprocket with a 530 chain, I guess there will be too much freeplay, but I wanted to confirm with you!
What do you think?
if it was a 530 sprocket it would be loose on the 530 chain, and you wont get a 530 chain to sit right on a 520 sprocket. or vs. versa.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.