Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Honda cbr 1000 rr my 2012 , Honda cbr 1000 rr my 2014
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-I have an SC59 year -14, driven 10 tkm. The bike is a crash bike, my friend rode it with a fatal deer crash and I fixed the bike last winter. I rode the bike for about 2 tkm in this summer, without any problems after the reconstruction, but now there is a problem. The bike jerks unexpectedly in the middle of a ride, the event is not affected by engine heat, not the length of the ride, not the amount of fuel. After a few sharp jerks, the engine shuts off, like gasoline ran out of the engine. After stopping the engine, I turn the power off / on and the bike starts immediately at the button and the journey continues! Driving can continue for 5 km or 50 km and the same is repeated! At first this problem could have happened a few times on the drive, but now on the last drive, about 100 km, the problem came on about 20 times, I barely got home! For the last few miles, the bike went off at intersections at idle and sometimes felt really inefficient. When the problem is on, no fault lights are on. Personally, I started to suspect the operation of the fuel pump? but I would be grateful for advice and ideas!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Check the kill switch for loose or busted wires . Also check the kick stand sensor spring and make sure it's fully depressing the plunger as it can vibrate and loosen up over time and can give a faulty signal and what not. Your symptoms point to kill switch

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I checked those two items, they seems ok. Now I would like to ask if the guys have had faulty BAS sensors ?. How does a faulty sensor behave, does it break at once, or has it caused other problems? The front of my bike has been hit hard by a deer crash and almost everything was destroyed except BAS! I didn't suspect the sensor when it worked when tested and I drove about 2000 km without any problems, but now I started to doubt its condition ...

·
Registered
113 Posts
I would replace the BAS if it was a wrecked front end. Easy to replace it's 2 bolts . You can test the sensor as per the manual , you need a volt meter and a second pair of hands preferably. If you turn the ignition on with the sensor still attached just not to the bike you can tilt the sensor and you should here a click in the fuse box on the left. Once it hits 60 degrees of tilt there should be another click ( relay for sensors closing circuit) if all checks out repeat the same test tilting the opposite way on the sensor. After that if nothing then you gotta volt meter the wires independently to the battery and sensor .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Problem solved! At first, I ordered a bike for a new but used fuel pump and replaced it. But this did not solve the problem, the shutdown continued. Next I decided to remove PC 5. when I unplugged it, I noticed that the oxygen sensor was still in use, the oxygen optimizer was not installed? I haven't figured it out in more detail, but I doubt the PC will work without the oxygen sensor disabled? would you think there is a contradiction in the situation when the PC adds fuel but the oxygen sensor tends to adjust the fuel mixture to be optimal for emissions? correct me if i'm wrong, thanks! Well, I disconnected the PC and now the bike works, without jerking and shutting down!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts