Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
PSU '09 B.S. ME
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Maple Grove last friday and put down a 10.69 with a 1.95 60 foot.

I had to really be gentle on the throttle though first and second to keep it from coming up. If i raise the hell out of my ohlins in the rear along with upping the compression in the rear and the rebound in the front will this accomplish something similar to strapping the front or will it tank slapp with the rear so high?

Any suggestions on setup if not planning on making it a drag bike this is just my street ride i want to keep ready for the occasional road race day and not lower and strap it.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
you dont have to take the strap off, just leave it on there it will not get in the way. when you hit the strip tighten it up and lock the front end down when your done just loosen it up and it will never get in your way.

·
PSU '09 B.S. ME
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree this would be the way to go if i were getting into the hobby but i only plan to do this once more then it will be a long long time before i go back to the strip. I would need to get my license to go into the 9's so no point in continuing to pursue the strip once my new clutch goes in.

·
UC
614 Posts
Your NOT that close to 9's man. If you just wanna break 10 seconds, then just spend the 75$ and get the strap. Adding a strap right now isnt going to drop you more then a 1/10th or 2. You'd be better off with an adjustable link and lowering it when you go to the track. Try riding the rear brake a tiny bit too to keep it down.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.