Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, finally decided to call it a night. Put 100 miles on her today, most of it just getting back home from the dealer. I will give the best description of the bike as I can at this point. The other bikes I have ridden are a 600rr for 1 year, gsxr600 for a couple of hours, and a gsxr750 for an hour so you will know where my opinion/comprisons are coming from.

First of all, I'm sold on liter bikes now. I was concerned that I would lose to much handling but I took a slight detour on the way home and the bike corners great, just slightly less flickable than the 600rr. I love the low end grunt, and now understand what everyone else was talking about.

Dislikes - really none at this point. The clutch is definately not as nice as the 600rr but I had no problems with it. I like the riding position on the 600rr slightly better because I like to feel perched over that front wheel. You get the same feeling on the 1000rr but it has a slightly more "in the bike feel" in comparison.

When your first lean the bike up of the stand you can feel the extra weight compared to the 600 obviously, but after 100 miles it felt negligable and I felt I could really get the bike side to side. I was not dragging any knees by any stretch, just tossing it back and forth a bit and it feels great.

The weather here was extremely windy today, I'm guessing consistent 30 mph winds if not higher with gusts up to 40-50 range so I had a hard time holding a wheelie on the freeway for more than a few miles. OK, i lied about the wheelie part but it was really windy so hard to get a feel for wind protection but it felt slightly less protected than the 600rr.

Mine came with the bridgestones, which from what I've read is the better tire on the bike but no way to tell without riding the Pirelli's as well. as far as power goes, there is ALOT!! I have no other Liter bike experience (Ice wouldn't fork over the 929 the bastard) but lets just say you wish you had anymore. I pushed it up to 105 on the freeway, did a 6th gear roll on from 70-105 and it felt like it took all of 1 second and I didn't realize how fast I was going and quickly let off the throttle with a :D .

I never felt the steering damper, I guess that's a good thing? I tried to give the bars a few wiggles a couple of times when I was at speed to see if I could feel anything but Nada. I had to sit in the dealer for about 45 minutes while we finished up the financing so I had a good chance to compare to the other 3 liter bikes. In my opinion, there is no comparison when you look at fit and finish. I also think the 1000rr is the best looking bike when they are sitting side by side, followed by the ZX10, and a close tie for last being the R1 and Gixxer but I may be a little biased :wink: .

Well, I've taken my time writing this trying to give you guys any info I can and I've run out. The bike is flat out awesome but riding it made me realize something else. The 600rr is an awesome bike as well, and only loses out to the big brother because of power. I think we will all be able to give a better opinon of the bike once we have them broke in. Ice needs to chime in here and give his opinion as well since he called me while I was sitting at the dealer and started screaming in my ear after he saw my post on here. I will try to post pics but I need to borrow a camera. Give me any questions you may have I would love to answer them. Oh yeah one more thing, Gixxers suck in comparison. But that's just one guys opinion. Also, forgot to Add that the bike seems to run pretty cool. While sittig in traffic my 600rr will hit 224 and the fan will kick on. I never broke 200 on the 1000rr in traffic. Hope that holds true.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Put 50 miles on mine tonight, all superslab :( I hate riding the superslab, but for breaking an engine in I like it since I'm constantly accelerating, decelerating, and shifting gears. I use 4th, 5th, and 6th and never let the rpms stay at any point for too long.

Bike feels light to me, riding position is a little on the aggressive side but it's fine. I'd say it's in between the RC and a 954rr. Wind blast hit my chest, the brake light is bright as fuck... As I said on another forum while looking at one earlier in the week, the fit and finish is above anything I've seen to date. Honda just seems to get better, and better at this. The bike really looks put together well, whereas the R1 looks like a rushed job, but that is just a biased opinion :D The steering is very agile. I really have no idea about the motor yet, other than it feels very linear, and almost electric like, if that makes any sense. I break my engines in a certain way (posted a breakin thread) so I won't be hammering anytime soon. I'm just happy to have it at this point, no worried about mods or anything else, YET! The trunk is zilch as everyone has said but you can fit a wallet and cellphone in there. I rode for about 25 minutes straight and the cellphone wasn't hot, or even warm, so the insulation must be really good back there.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Great! Thanks for the reports guys. Sounds like everyone's happy so far.

For contradictory reference: 1. My bike has hit at least 222 F a few times in traffic. 2. After pulling my wallet (Leather) out of the trunk, it was noticibly warmer than it should be. It wasn't breaking out in flames or anything, but you wouldn't want to put a candy bar in there. :wink:

·
Registered
356 Posts
Got 300 miles on mine. Got caught in the rain yesterday... "It never rains in southern California" my A$$. Oh that's right except when you just get a new bike and your wife call you Sleprock. Good new is the only thing that was really wet was my knees and upper thighs and chest. My feet were pretty dry... If anyone cares. It handles very well in the rain and the Cali roads are pretty slippery here when it rains. I was still leaning over in the corners and didn't feel no slipping. By the way I had already eaten my chicken strips. So I was pretty confident in my Brigstones. In traffic I did get up to 220 but never higher then that. The clutch is a little stiff, but livable. My over all opinion if anyone cares is "I'm in love!"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.