Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so today was my trackday and race school at Summit Point Raceway. Wow what a fast track. Didn't care for the rain and the stupid sealant they use on their track for the dumbass repair job they did on the track. That crap makes the turns feel like riding over glass some times.

Anyway the race school was good but was not in depth as reading the CCS rulebook on your own but hey still it was good to listen to the instructors.

Basically the temps stayed in the mid to high 40's all day with light drizzle to a mild rain. So it was slow going for all today. I learned alot from this track and what bad habits I kept from Jennings and new good habits I developed. All in all mission accomplished with getting my cert and getting my CCS RL.

All in all I got 110 miles in today and am looking forward to more trackdays before going racing.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Congrats on getting your license.

I'll be going to Roger Lyle's Motorcycle Excitement trackday on the 21st at Summit Point. Look me up if you are planning to go. #68 on red 08 1000RR.

Alan

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will be their #52 silver 07 1krr. You will like the format and the group seems pretty cool. We ran out their Apr 1st and the weather was a little rainy. Turns 3, 5, 6 are really slick in the rain with the sealant patches they put out on the surface. I hope the weather will be nice I seriuosly want to run this track at speed.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yeah I've done a bunch of days with them. You definately get alot of track time for the money.

See you out there.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Ive taken my cars out on the track at summit, but never my bike. How much for the course? Gotta love the front straight with the hairpin at the end, thats good stuff.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive taken my cars out on the track at summit, but never my bike. How much for the course? Gotta love the front straight with the hairpin at the end, thats good stuff.
Hell ya that drive into T1 is awesome. I can't wait to get back their for warmer weather. Ya on the 21st of April it's 175.00 for the day. Best thing is it is on a workday so should be really nice and not alot of traffic on the track.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts