Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone thought about removing the rear swingarm on the 1000RR and having it anodized black to match the frame? :roll:

I'd be interested in taking that route, if and when I actually pick a Blade up. :)

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Removing the swingarm should be easy especially with the unit pro link sspension Just take off the wheel then the brake caliper with brackets, then undo the suspension link at the bottom and then remove the large bolt and nut that hold on the swingarm. You may have to brake the chain, I don't remember how the chain runs and haven't got mine yet.

The only thing is the alignment nut that requires a special socket from honda and they are usually $75 or more.
Total time probably between 1-2 hours.
You will need to suspend the bike with a floor jack under the frame and also suspend the clip ons from the ceiling, if you have to put hooks into the ceiling, they will come in handy. Make sure you put them into the joists!!
It is much easier if your garage has exposed beems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.