Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The headlights on the SC77 have a dedicated fuse that makes them easy to disable for track days. It appears the tail light does not have a dedicated fuse?

Did I not look hard enough for the tail light fuse or is it shared with some of the other electronics?

Has anyone wired a switch in the tail inline with tail light to disable it in for trackdays?

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For track days, I simply pop open my solo seat cover and disconnect the tail light electrical connector. Hope this helps.
Is your connector easily accessible? My last track day I took the tail apart to wire quick disconnects inline on the turns signal and license plate lights, but forgot to expose the tail light connector.

If I recall, my connector is hidden between the subframe and plastics so I can’t access it from under the solo cowl. I’ll check again and see if I can relocate it. That’s a good idea and easier than wiring a switch, thanks.

·
Old Enough to Know Better
325 Posts
It takes me less time to disconnect or re connect it than it does to type this. Of course, I'm an old guy and type with one finger...
Also, I slightly moved the connector location (by about 3/4") from where Honda put it, by simply pulling it more towards the center of the cowl cover. 10 second job. Here's a pic...

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It takes me less time to disconnect or re connect it than it does to type this. Of course, I'm an old guy and type with one finger...
Also, I slightly moved the connector location (by about 3/4") from where Honda put it, by simply pulling it more towards the center of the cowl cover. 10 second job. Here's a pic...
I appreciate the picture. Mine is tucked a bit deeper into the tail and my chode fingers can't reach it lol. I'll pop the upper cowl cover and move mine into the same spot as your. Thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts