Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what the other members are using to protect their tanks from scratches? After one ride, my tank is scuffed and scratched (my black RR). Not a big fan of tank bras. Any ideas? Not sure what's available for the RR. I had a carbon protector on my RC51.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My new 1KRR Black was starting to have scuff marks in the paint on the tank cover. I've always used a tank bra even though I'm not really plaesed with the way they look.

I just got my Second Look bra and have it on the bike. It is a bit loose fitting compared to my Lockhart Phillips Glas Mask brand bra I have on my VFR. My SV1KS has a bra from Suzuki and it fits very well. Anyway, the bra is not really noticable on the bike. Better than scratching the paint all up. I've got to say that I think the paint on my Black 1KRR is pretty soft.

David

·
Registered
459 Posts
interesting...i was just reading BIKE magazine's article on the litrebikes and it mentioned the crappy paint on the black rr they tested. honda insisted that it was a pre-production model and it wouldn't be a problem in future, but it seems it is, i guess.
disappointing, because the quality of the rest of the bike seems amazing. glad i got my tankslapper on before riding much (although it doesn't seem to be as much a problem with the red bikes...maybe not just as noticeable???)...

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am ordering a tank pad, but it won't be available for a few more weeks. But the tank is still getting scuffed. I also kicked the 1000RR decal by mistake when I was getting off the bike. My Alpinestars SMX Plus boots rubbed part of the decal off. I still can't believe there is no clearcoat on the paint.

Here's the tank protector I ordered.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I just ordered targa's version of the tank slapper. It was $12.99. It is an adhesive clear protector. I already have a tank protector . So hopefully I shall have no more scuffs!!! Plus I plan to get Miguel Duhamel to sign my tank this summer and I will have it clear coated. So after that I shouldn't have anymore tank paint issues. I'll keep my fingers crossed though!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
DoubleR said:
...I also kicked the 1000RR decal by mistake when I was getting off the bike. My Alpinestars SMX Plus boots rubbed part of the decal off...
I did the same thing with my Sidi Vertebra Race boots, I think it was the third time I rode the bike. My GF's Sidi Vertebra's scuffed up the paint on the tailsection above the rear pegs. Race boots can be vicious on a bike!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.