Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lucas finally got a bike and has the tankslapper available as well as the total protection kit. Many of you have probably used the product before, it is excellent. I ordered the total protection kit, it protects the areas on the fairings that are likely to get torn up, as well as headlight covers that work well for track duty. You just have to tell the safety man at the track that there are covers there, stuff is see through. I'm no way affiliated with the company, just really like the product for the protection it offers. Tankslapper alone is cheap too. Get the 3M stuff.

http://www.thetankslapper.biz

·
Sprung
1,001 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
theJrod said:
This is just the 3M clear vinyl stuff, right? I'll probably just buy a few sheets of it for $10 and do the cutting myself.
Yeah, but is cutting it yourself really worth $40? Not to me. Ordered mine sunday.

·
Sprung
1,001 Posts
soniccbr said:
I'm gonna have to get one, 30 miles on it and my tank is fk'd. gonna need dad to reclearcoat
Might I recommend not riding behind anyone for a while from sand and stones getting kicked up. Also, try some polish on the tank and finish with several good coats of wax. Finally, don't wear anything but jeans when you ride and don't rest your leather or Cordura jacket on the tank.

One of the things I've noticed in the first 150 miles is that the paint on the "tank" is not that durable.

·
Sprung
1,001 Posts
I got mine yesterday and installed the tank area today. Let me tell you, it's a trial and error affair. For those of you who've never installed one of these, give yourself several hours just for the tank and maybe one or two other pieces. It's time consuming, but very worth it. The kit for the RC51 was a bit simpler from what I remember, but they're all a PITA. Print out the instructions and piece layout from their website. It'll make things a bit easier.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Got mine yesterday as well, but have to email them back, somehow when they packaged it, the left headlight cover got folded inhalf, then shipped, there is a nice crease in the middle now, almost like a tear. :( other than that, looks good. Kinda kewl that they included an applicator too! :thumbup:

·
Registered
194 Posts
mrb said:
Lucas is great (also owns pacific auto trim), he shares something with Dan Kyle, great customer service.
yep...met him and his wife last week...picked up the tank slapper...installation was a breeze, took me 20 minutes or so to do the whole tank....

and a lazy ass like me probably won't ever take it off... :D

·
Sprung
1,001 Posts
I installed most of mine today also. Anyone else notice the fender areas overhang a little at the bottom and inside? I also did not get my headlight pieces. Called Lucas and he hooked me up. He'll be sending the tank top and headlight pieces and will do some research on the fender and get back with me. Great service! I'll second that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.