Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Hi, and welcome to the forum :) The are a a few people with the taylormade exhaust on there that love it. I can basically say everyone loves the look but some won't pay the 1k price tag for a slip on. I personally love it, and if I had 1k sitting around in my back pocket I would get it. There are a couple threads if you do a search about power gains and stuff.

·
~~~~~~~~~~~
4,957 Posts
I can basically say everyone loves the look ...
No you can't. :laugh:

When I searched this forum a majority of the replies are for pre 08's.
You have to narrow the scope of your search by selecting the Modifications & Upgrades- 08 section using the advanced search function.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No you can't. :laugh:

You have to narrow the scope of your search by selecting the Modifications & Upgrades- 08 section using the advanced search function.
What do you prefer in regards looks and performance? I ask in all in all sincerity. I have been a motocross guy (CRF450Rs after the CR250Rs and a couple of RM along the way) for over 20 years. I got into the street scene a couple of years ago with Yamaha. Finally got tired of waiting for a 09' R1 Raven to come in and bought a CBR today.

Search works fine, thanks

Joe

·
Chief Chocolate Officer
1,148 Posts
The '08 product is the most beautiful out there from an appearance point of view and it performs as expected for a slip-on on the '08/'09 bike... Honda did an amazing job on the stock exhaust and most slip-ons will see minimal gains as a result.

The sound is sickening sweet low and throaty and then screams in the hi revs...but not obnoxious, the ease of install is great...

There is a sound clip of my bike including fly-bys on the web page below...look for the little Quicktime audio widget...and I've included pics of a few bikes that have it installed...and a panel I just painted and decaled...

I hope you'll excuse my obvious Repsol prejudice...

http://racetaylormade.com/tmpages/honpages/hondafire.html

Enjoy...RR

Attachments

·
No pipe
8 Posts
In my opinion it looks the best.....

I am picking up my CBR next week. I am looking at the Taylormade exhaust for the 08'. It appears to be a very nice product.

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks
Joe

Hello Upstate,
I own a CBR 1000 08 with a Taylormade exhaust w/ the powercommander III spec out to match.

The look is great.
The sound is by far better than stock, although I wish it was louder.
As for the performance I can<t tell because when I purchased my moto I had the exhaust installed.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The '08 product is the most beautiful out there from an appearance point of view and it performs as expected for a slip-on on the '08/'09 bike... Honda did an amazing job on the stock exhaust and most slip-ons will see minimal gains as a result.

The sound is sickening sweet low and throaty and then screams in the hi revs...but not obnoxious, the ease of install is great...

There is a sound clip of my bike including fly-bys on the web page below...look for the little Quicktime audio widget...and I've included pics of a few bikes that have it installed...and a panel I just painted and decaled...

I hope you'll excuse my obvious Repsol prejudice...

http://racetaylormade.com/tmpages/honpages/hondafire.html

Enjoy...RR
Being a CBR newbie, are there any engine error codes after installation?

·
Chief Chocolate Officer
1,148 Posts
Being a CBR newbie, are there any engine error codes after installation?
No, just pay attention to the video of the install on the web page and it tells you how to properly disconnect from the servo, but it stays on the bike and plugged in...just the cables into the stock valve are disconnected at the servo.

·
~~~~~~~~~~~
4,957 Posts
What do you prefer in regards looks and performance?
For appearances sake - Akrapovic, Arrow, or Leo Vince. All with a filler panel to cover the gap between the exhaust and the plastic. Any of the top tier exhausts are going to be about even for cost, performance gains, and weight savings. It comes down to what looks best to you.

·
carbonated
984 Posts
I love it myself... the sound like others have said is a nice low lope at idle, almost v-twin ish... at cruise its a little quite, but whenever you are hard on it, you can hear/feel the growl... not loud, but just nice and clean.

however.. no real power gains to speak of.. but I get a kick out of people looking the bike up and down then they say...where is the exhuast? haha..

its a bit spendy as noted.. but these bikes arent cheap either so what do you expect? once you open up the box though and pick up the can, its like..thats all thats in there? wow...its superlight, and pretty dang small. the cf trim piece is so light its like holding a piece of paper, but much more stiff...lol

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I love it myself... the sound like others have said is a nice low lope at idle, almost v-twin ish... at cruise its a little quite, but whenever you are hard on it, you can hear/feel the growl... not loud, but just nice and clean.

however.. no real power gains to speak of.. but I get a kick out of people looking the bike up and down then they say...where is the exhuast? haha..

its a bit spendy as noted.. but these bikes arent cheap either so what do you expect? once you open up the box though and pick up the can, its like..thats all thats in there? wow...its superlight, and pretty dang small. the cf trim piece is so light its like holding a piece of paper, but much more stiff...lol
Within reason, on most bikes a slip on is just that. Honda does a pretty good job with their exhaust and the CBR 1000RR seams to be no exception. Even more "open" style slip ons only post a min. amount of change. So what is a slip on really good for? Well, without removal of the cat or aftermarket full exhaust along with a PC (and the list can go on) not much more than 1-2hp in most cases.

If I was to purchase the Taylormade exhaust it would be more for a clean look. If we were talking about the 09' R1 I would got the Vince or Akra, but in this case I still need to get the bike home and decide then.

Joe

·
Registered
363 Posts
easily the best looking exhaust out there.

think about it this way - there are some people on this board that claim to not like the looks of it....they are lying to themselves and to you.

to people that don't know much about bikes or regular cagers...etc, when they see the bike with that exhaust they are stunned. people just stare at it in aw because it is just so smooth and beautiful.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.