Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
maybe it started off from the times when I did play a lot & lot but never troubled by it.

Over the past few years, I find some DIY can cause a lot of aftermath pain in my clutch arm elbow joint.

The most recent felt pretty bad and made clutch lever operation very painful.

has anyone had similar experience and knows of any way to reduce the pain (~other than waiting for Honda to product a DCT version of CBR):frown:?

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
There are all kinds of sites for diagnosing and treating this from a quick Google search I just did. A motorcycle forum probably isn't going to offer much help.

Tennis Elbow

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your feedback.
I am not an expert but believe this condition can have a number of different causes; one being tennis!

What I don't know is although the term can be general, the relief can be different depending on the cause of it.

A while back I was reading a motorcycle long term test article (ducati sport bike) and the journalist said that after riding it for a couple of month he developed tennis elbow pain!
So I wondered if there was another angle to it when it comes to riding bikes.

I will also checkout the links you mentioned of course

·
Registered
162 Posts
That tennis elbow sucks and can be pretty painful when your arm is in a certain position. As crazy as it sounds, about 20 or 25 years into my construction career, I switched from Porter Cable to Milwaukee skill saws. Al the sudden, my brother and I both developed a pain in our elbows that was ridiculously painful. After a couple of weeks and both of us seeing our doctors, we were both diagnosed with tennis elbow. We both started wearing the tennis elbow straps on our upper forarms and switched back to the old saws. Immediate relief. Now on track days I will wear the strap otherwise at the end of the day my elbow is shot. If you havnt by now, get a tennis elbow strap. Works like a charm. The new saws we were using just had us holding the saw with our elbow in a new position and it wasn't agreeing with either of us.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That tennis elbow sucks and can be pretty painful when your arm is in a certain position. As crazy as it sounds, about 20 or 25 years into my construction career, I switched from Porter Cable to Milwaukee skill saws. Al the sudden, my brother and I both developed a pain in our elbows that was ridiculously painful. After a couple of weeks and both of us seeing our doctors, we were both diagnosed with tennis elbow. We both started wearing the tennis elbow straps on our upper forarms and switched back to the old saws. Immediate relief. Now on track days I will wear the strap otherwise at the end of the day my elbow is shot. If you havnt by now, get a tennis elbow strap. Works like a charm. The new saws we were using just had us holding the saw with our elbow in a new position and it wasn't agreeing with either of us.
thanks; very interesting. I have since come to the conclusion it is because of my DIY activities. Last time it flared up it was after using a mouse sander for a whole day and boy it was painful!

I will go with your suggestion and a tennis elbow support. I can see two type: a strap which you wear like a bracelet below the joint and a streching tube like elbow armours which covers both sides of the joint which type is the one you mentioned?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just an follow up.

I bought Tennis elbow support as you guys mentioned and with time it has improved a lot.
Now I am more careful and wear the support when using my clutch wrist for prolonged periods (I am left handed!)

So thanks guys for your helpful suggestions

1 - 11 of 11 Posts