Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it's the great white north, dude...relax. it hasn't been that warm here yet (i've just emerged from my igloo). they have busy days on saturdays, so if i have to wait, i don't give a shit. plus i want to get the insurance crap sorted out first...

·
Registered
738 Posts
rctyler....you better thanks TLS-RR for his congrats to you...that's the happiest I think I've seen him on here.....usually he's banging his head against the wall in anticipation of his bike....lol!!! Just messing with ya TLS!!!!!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it's kind of funny...i had pretty much come to terms with the fact that honda canada is lame, and i wasn't getting my bike until may/june (if june rolled around and still nothing, i probably would have waited until the end of the season). we dropped by the dealer to make an appointment to get my g/f's bike serviced, and i happened to notice the boxes in the back. i haven't been so excited in recent memory!!!

i'm trying to avoid insuring it with the company i'm with now, because they require an alarm with ignition disabler, battery backup, etc, professionally installed for theft coverage (so basically i'm looking at $500 just for the alarm). so at least i have a few days to arrange something else...

·
Registered
28 Posts
olde900 said:
A few dealers I've been to have unsold silver/blacks, ready to go in the Hamilton and Niagara areas. Dealer has absolutely no idea when my black (or black and red for that matter) will come in :?
To be honest if my dealer had any color in stock i'd be riding it right now.Even if the bike they receive is'nt red i'm taking it,seasons too short to be picky. Besides they all look good to me.

P.s what are you guys paying before tax? 13,900$ here

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i don't even want to begin to talk about my insurance woes (none of the companies even have the rates for it yet, and i don't think they care...surprise)...but i'm still hoping to pick up mine tomorrow. i'll keep you posted, and post pics as well if all goes according to plan.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Still waiting in Edmonton, I ordered Black but my invoice says I dont really care about color.

My buddy picked up his Hayabusa today. We went for a ride at lunch. It was so wierd to hear that his breakin instructions kept him below 4000rpm.

Yesterday I visited the Yamaha/Suzuki dealership as my buddy signed for the Busa. I sat on a Red R1. I could have given them my $$$ but......is there are reason that the bike is still there?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.