Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
motomadness
89 Posts
Yes, but since its so easy I might just as well wait. And I have a track day soon, so I'd rather not go on the track with any uncertainty over fuel mixture. Just to be on the safe side. I might do an install guide with photos when the Bazzaz turns up - and include the PAIR and O2 sensor stuff at the same time. If I have the energy!:cool:

·
Cop magnet
107 Posts
Just got my air filter and did this mod today, the write-up with pics helped tons thanks! Anyone looking to do it without block off plates like i did, pepboys and kragen both sell an assortment of vacuum caps for like 6$. Have some zipties handy too to ensure a snug seal.

·
Registered
110 Posts
When doing this mod do you have to take the plug off of what is removed and zip tie up under the airbox? If left unplugged will it throw a code? I did this mod with the full flapper mod (completely removed, cut, and sealed) along with removing extra tubing and have a code. Has a single blink followed by a single blink.

·
Registered
11 Posts
[/quote]

Did they put the sticker on the wrong side of your exhaust too? I had Leo send me a new one

·
Registered
110 Posts
I knew I shouldn't be the only one with a problem after doing this mod. Did my research and found my problem. Was the map sensor

·
Parts Guy
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Did they put the sticker on the wrong side of your exhaust too? I had Leo send me a new one[/QUOTE]

Nope. Took it off. Didn't like how it looked.

·
Parts Guy
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Getting this messed fixed as we speak.
I went to get a dyno today and learned i installed these wrong.
It is reccomended that you remove the screw and the reeve (the screw interferes with flat blockoff plates and pushes them upward) and leave the other parts in as it creates the seal. Also you can add silicone to ensure no air flow.
Referring to step 21

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey ppl,need some advice. after i did the pair mod with a block off plate,when decelerating, i dont get back fire when the rpm is high but i do get backfire/poping sound when rpm is.abt 3k-2k range.any advice?

·
Parts Guy
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Hey ppl,need some advice. after i did the pair mod with a block off plate,when decelerating, i dont get back fire when the rpm is high but i do get backfire/poping sound when rpm is.abt 3k-2k range.any advice?
Are you sure you plugged the MAP sensor back in correctly? It's easy to overlook. Any engine lights or codes?

·
Parts Guy
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I did plug back the map sensor and do not have any engine light
That's as far as my expertise goes. Sorry. Either take it back apart and do it again, or wait on someone knowledgeable to chime in.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hey there,

Just starting to put my bike together after stripping every last nut and bolt, painting and extensive mods. I was just putting the wiring harness in and fuel etc and referred to your thread on doing the pair valve mod. You made it really easy and gave me the confidence to do it without the usual self doubt.

I know how much work goes into writing a thread like this and you did it purely to help others you have never met such as myself.

Not blowing wind up your skirt or anything but I just wanted to say a HUGE THANKS for your selfless effort and great writeup. I and many others really do appreciate it.

THANK YOU !!!

:hail: :th_salute:

·
Parts Guy
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Hey there,

Just starting to put my bike together after stripping every last nut and bolt, painting and extensive mods. I was just putting the wiring harness in and fuel etc and referred to your thread on doing the pair valve mod. You made it really easy and gave me the confidence to do it without the usual self doubt.

I know how much work goes into writing a thread like this and you did it purely to help others you have never met such as myself.

Not blowing wind up your skirt or anything but I just wanted to say a HUGE THANKS for your selfless effort and great writeup. I and many others really do appreciate it.

THANK YOU !!!

:hail: :th_salute:
Thanks man. Glad i could help!

·
Registered
14 Posts
So if i do this, does it mean can get rid of all the tubing that goes out to the ram tubes. Additionally i would be replacing the ram air tubes or gutting what i have?

·
A/V guru
243 Posts
if anyones interested Dorman (the makes of the HELP products) has a Bypass Cap Assortment kit part number 02253. Comes with:
2- 3/8"
2- 1/2" (fits the pair valves)
2- 5/8" (fits the outside port of the airbox)
2- 3/4"
all for a whopping $3.99.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts