Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
i didnt know my cbr had this, i guess all bikes do, i did this mod on my r1, i guess ill do it on cbr too. thanks for detailed write up

·
Registered
111 Posts
quick question please, what u do with the electrical wire that was connected to the pair valve?? should i just leave it unpluged just setting there or should i plug it to something?? because i cant remove it its connected to bunch of wires... please let me know ASAP. thanks

·
This or That guy
1,737 Posts
You can let it hang, but I'd zip tie or tie it off to something so nothing dangles

"Do or Do not, There is no Try"

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks a lot! i just zip tie it somewhere. I was worry since nothing hooks up into it. but so far so good. I did it :D I am installing PC V, IRC, and AutoTune. do you recommend doing flapper valve? and intake removal mods?? should I use a map for my PC or dyno or just let the auto tune do its job??

Thanks again

·
Registered
159 Posts
Do this first before the quick shift! Helps gets to the coils because there is already little room

·
Parts Guy
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Thanks a lot! i just zip tie it somewhere. I was worry since nothing hooks up into it. but so far so good. I did it :D I am installing PC V, IRC, and AutoTune. do you recommend doing flapper valve? and intake removal mods?? should I use a map for my PC or dyno or just let the auto tune do its job??

Thanks again
I would use a good base map and then let Autotune take over from there :th_salute:

·
Awesome Member
164 Posts
the pictures don't work...

·
Parts Guy
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #48

·
Registered
47 Posts
People are asking weather this effects the tuning of the bike : simple answer is yes it does make your bike run lean . Once you block the airflow the oxygen sensor doesn't get to detect the vapors anymore and thinks its rich so leans the motor out this is ofcourse if your running a stock setup or still have a oxygen sensor fitted if you dont then you probably have a resistor fitted then it doesnt run lean .

So what happens if you keep running lean well = short engine life or bang !

·
Parts Guy
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
People are asking weather this effects the tuning of the bike : simple answer is yes it does make your bike run lean . Once you block the airflow the oxygen sensor doesn't get to detect the vapors anymore and thinks its rich so leans the motor out this is ofcourse if your running a stock setup or still have a oxygen sensor fitted if you dont then you probably have a resistor fitted then it doesnt run lean .

Why would you do the PAIR mod if didn't put a fuel controller and/or auto tune on?

·
Stock
568 Posts
I recently took out the PCV and left the block off plates for the pair valve.

Is it safe to have the pair blocked off on a stock bike?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just did an intake flapper mod, bmc race filter and velocity stack upgrade and I'm wondering how well my autotune will tune to these upgrades. I ran it for a couple days and it made it too rich but I'm wondering if it will smooth out? My map was pretty good before the upgrades

·
Registered
4,431 Posts

Nonsense.

Both my CBR and my GSXR ran fine after I removed the PAIR valve.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sweet writeup - I did mine recently and this would have saved me some time.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Ok so the "main" point of this mod is if you are running an auto tune or if you are getting your bike tuned, and when your getting your bike tuned its just so the tuner can get true numbers as far as how your engine is running?
This shit confuse me and I'm trying to get a clear answer.

·
Registered
590 Posts
You dont have to do it . I did it on my RC because I did the exhaust and a PC and it would back fire like crazy . I just recently did it on my CBR because I just fitted a Bazzaz and plan on getting a Dyno tune soon . Do it dont do it just quit over thinking everything .

41 - 60 of 65 Posts